Response to Proclaim's Cindy Smith topic.

Whats new in IHMSA
United States of America
260 Striker
Class AA
IHMSA Member#: 0

Response to Proclaim's Cindy Smith topic.

Post by 260 Striker »

Joe, Please thank your wife Tina for standing up for all the IHMSA members and for all the time and effort she has put into this problem. After reading your info I did not get any impression that Cindy will be serving any jail time. Is that correct? Repaying IHMSA is very important but there should also be some punishment for Cindy's actions. Again, thanks for the update.
Lynn Shultz
IHMSA #15692 since 1980
Past Match Director Logan Handgun Association
Current VP Logan Handgun Association
NRA Member
United States Air Force Veteran
Retired USAF Civil Servant (47 years)
937-407-4885
User avatar United States of America
35isit
State Director
IHMSA Member#: 36827

Re: Response to Proclaim's Cindy Smith topic.

Post by 35isit »

Joe, Please thank your wife and everyone involved in bringing this to fruition. I like Lynn didn't see jail time in Cindy's future. I realize that was probably out of our hands.

I implore anyone who reads and posts on this subject, please keep it civil. Joe, Tina and the rest have done us a great service.
Greg
Life Member of N.R.A.
80X80 7/27/2010
Ky State Director
jcunclejoe
Class B
IHMSA Member#: 54512

Post by jcunclejoe »

Thank you for the kind words. Tina did all the work and is very good at it.

The case began and ended under different District Attorneys. The original DA believed in restitution over incarceration, that it was easier to repay if the person was not in jail. The new DA is an unknown but the new DDA assigned to the case was furious about the plea deal made previously. We do not know what that means exactly but it could be bad for Cindy if any portion of the plea deal is violated.
As of this moment there will be no jail time, but a single missed payment....... who knows.

We are open to any questions and will do our best to answer them.

YES, please keep any comments civil. This is a public forum and we want to maintain the highest level of civility, even to those that wronged us.

We are a proud organization with a long history and the greatest people in the world.

I brag all the time that you will NEVER show up at a Trap shoot and have anyone hand you their Krieghoff or Perazzi and have you shoot a round. But show up to any handgun silhouette range in the world and someone will hand you their prize custom pistol and a box of ammo while offering to spot for you. Then they may invite you over for dinner afterward. (got invited to supper in Nebraska)

Be well, shoot great and shoot often. Oh yeah, and please bring a friend out to a match.

Joe
Standing is my favorite category. (Not right in the head)

Oregon State Director
Bend, Oregon Match Director
United States of America
i26963
Class A
IHMSA Member#: 26963

Post by i26963 »

Joe
Please thank Tina for all her hard work. And thank you for sharing the info with us.
Melvin
Co-Match Director LRGC, Lincolnton, GA
User avatar United States of America
JACKIE40X40
Class A
IHMSA Member#: 13263

Post by JACKIE40X40 »

Thanks for all the hard work,Mrs Cullison!
United States of America
fa357
Target Setter
IHMSA Member#: 57743

Post by fa357 »

Joe please thank Tina for all of her hard work and thank you for the update.

Stephen Kuehl
GA State Director
Co Match Dir. LRGC
United States of America
xp-100
Class B
IHMSA Member#: 57405

Post by xp-100 »

Please everyone, lets keep things real civil for we do not want things to be posted to where they could be used in places we would not want them to be. Things still could be turned around to some what and all of IHMSA would rather not for this to happen, so this is why I asked to really be civil in any and all comments. I also would like to thank everyone who has waited patiently to see what the out come was going to be and take place. We could not go into full detail for reasons fore seen as would be detrimental to the case out come. As things start to get back to a normal flow, things will come out to where everyone will understand the reason for what we had to do the way it was done. Again, I truly thank the organization for understanding and hope everyone has a good shooting season. Please bring a friend or a new shooter with you to the next match if possible and maybe we can bring our world back up like it used to be. Good night and may God Bless You!
NRA Patron member
NRA Endowment Member
NRA Life Member
IHMSA life member
NBRSA member
IHMSA PC Coordinator(present)
IHMSA VP (past)
IHMSA President (past)
32 degree Scottish Rite
3rd. deg. Master Mason