updates and changes to IHMSA, the News and the website

Whats new in IHMSA
User avatar United States of America
nutcase
Site Admin
IHMSA Member#: 42084

updates and changes to IHMSA, the News and the website

Post by nutcase »

First, As of July 17th, Steve Martens is our New IHMSA president. Please welcome him and Make his turnover a pleasant one.

The website front page has a lot of out of date information on it. Hopefully, between me and Proclaim, we can get the site updated. we also need to get the regional and state information updated. such as Florida is missing in all the regional info..

As most Know, IHMSA is now an All Volunteer organization. IHMSA now has no full time employees. Both me and Cindy Smith as IHMSA headquarters work full time and perform our duties when we are not working. Just remember that things may not get done in a fast and timely manner but it will eventually get done. please be patient with us!

another is the membership database. after me looking at certain information. the file used is way out of date concerning what information is stored. This is something I am working on and hopefully we can get a program developed that will simplify operations for both Me and Headquarters.

Also, We had some volunteers to try to update the Match program so that it will include the newer categories and will work with newer Windows operating systems. if they succeed, we should have a Match program that will work with Windows 7 and above. And maybe they can make a MAC version also! :ympray:

And as for the News, I am attempting to bring back articles of more interest to our membership. this I hope will provide Tips and tricks that can help New and Older members alike.

And I will post this Concerning Practical Hunter: The Following got missed last year and was an Approved Rule change:

The Use Of Higher Variable power Scopes will be allowed, But must not be used over 6x during the course of fire. The Use of Fixed power scopes over 6x is not allowed

Before I can get this included into the rule book, I need to get approval from the rules committee in the wording.

The changes that were voted on during the 2015 world champs I will be providing to the membership when I receive them.

and, Someday we will get the Financials Up to date to the membership. Warren Alkire Technically resigned in 2013 and we still do not have any nominations for Secretary/Treasurer. even though Warren is still doing the minutes of the meetings, Headquarters is attempting to provide financials. This is actually a little out of Cindy's expertise and she is learning new software to help provide the Financial reports. She is doing this along with the Normal Headquarters operations, so Again, Please be Patient.

as you see, there is a lot of work needed to get IHMSA up to date.
Daniel Hagerty
IHMSA # 42084L
IHMSA News Editor - 2015-2017
.22 records Coordinator - Present
CA State Director - 2015-2019
Match Director, Stockton Silhouette club 1990-1995
NRA Patriot Endowment Life Member
high standard 40
Class A
IHMSA Member#: 11568

Re: updates and changes to IHMSA, the News and the website

Post by high standard 40 »

Dan & Cindy,
Thanks for the work you are doing. I do appreciate it. And thanks for these updates. :-bd
IHMSA Member since 1980
Former Match Director Baton Rouge Silhouette Club
Current Match Director Ascension Silhouette
Current Match Director Saline Creek Silhouette
Current Match Director Top Shot Silhouette
NRA Life Member
NRA Range Safety Officer
United States of America
braud357
Class A
IHMSA Member#: 13794

Post by braud357 »

Dan - please e-mail me. I have something that I want to offer to you. Philip Braud e-mail: braud357_2@yahoo.com
IHMSA # 13794 Joined May, 1980
Match Director Ascension Silhouette Gonzales, LA 1991-2009
Louisiana IHMSA Deputy State Director 1983 - 1985
Louisiana IHMSA State Director 1995 - 2007, 2014 -
IHMSA Region 2 Director 2007 - 2009
Life Member - NRA
19 Turkeys
Class AA
IHMSA Member#: 33287

Post by 19 Turkeys »

high standard 40 wrote:Dan & Cindy,
Thanks for the work you are doing. I do appreciate it. And thanks for these updates. :-bd
Totally agree! Many thanks to both.

One suggestion concerning financials: The International should be a separate ledger so that we can determine its profitability. Then, a one line entry on the General Ledger under income would simply be International Championship. If it makes money, that number is positive. If the match looses money it is a negative number. I suggested this years ago and was informed this change would be implemented. It has not. Making this change would provide greater clarity to the financial statements.

Thank you for considering this request.

Yours,

Steve W.
Past Match Director, JCSA - Grants Pass, OR
Past JCSA Board Member
IHMSA Life Member
Past Editor IHMSA News
Past Manager of IHMSA HQ West
NRA Patron

Due to recent cutbacks the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off.
AtomicDogg
Class B
IHMSA Member#: 49169

Post by AtomicDogg »

I would like to say Thank You for your work. I am especially pleased to know that we are trying to do something about updating the IHMSA software program; as a Co-Match Director I am very sensitive and most appreciative of this software.
Please call upon me if I can help in any of your new endeavors, or send me a list and I'll pick from it.
Robert L. Walker
Co Match Director, LRGC - Lincolnton, GA
Past Region 2 Director
Past Georgia State Director
NRA Life Member
IHMSA Life Member
Georgia Website Keeper