New IHMSA news editor and 22 records coordinator

Whats new in IHMSA
User avatar United States of America
nutcase
Site Admin
IHMSA Member#: 42084

Re: New IHMSA news editor and 22 records coordinator

Post by nutcase »

260 Striker wrote:Dan, Sent you an email earlier today with a possible article for the IHMSA News. Went to your ihmsa editor email address.
I got it and am looking at it.

for everybody else, you will be seeing some changes which I cannot discuss right now. But the Deadlines for Match reports and articles will be changing. at present, it is the 1st of each month. with the changes, it will change to the 15th of each month.

hopefully we can get the match reports printed sooner than we have now.

the first month of me taking over will probably keep me busy, but after I have everything setup correctly, it will be much easier.
Daniel Hagerty
IHMSA # 42084L
IHMSA News Editor - 2015-2017
.22 records Coordinator - Present
CA State Director - 2015-2019
Match Director, Stockton Silhouette club 1990-1995
NRA Patriot Endowment Life Member
wheelgun7360

Post by wheelgun7360 »

I would personally like to thank Dan for taking this position. allen
User avatar United States of America
nutcase
Site Admin
IHMSA Member#: 42084

Post by nutcase »

ok, just some info for you guys:

First, I have no idea what is going on with the Jan/Feb issue of the IHMSA news. as march will be my first edition as editor, I am working on releasing the electronic edition for March by the last week of February.

Second, who gets paper copies and will get electronic editions will take a couple of months to straighten out. if you do not wish a paper copy, PM or email me your name and I will check them against the mailing labels. Hopefully we get this right by May.

Third, I am looking at changing the format of the paper to better work with the electronic edition. As some of you may have noticed, if you try to print the news on standard Letter size paper (8.5x11) you may have noticed the print is small. this is because the News is presently formatted for a Newspaper format and uses 11x17 paper. If I go to a format used in Magazines, This would have a better printout with the electronic edition. downside is that it would have 3 columns and would require more pages per issue. Please Give me your input concerning this.

and last, I am trying to clean up everything such as ads, signs, etc so they look better. this will take me time to do.

Thanks to all for the words of support. and I hope I do not screw up too badly on my first edition!
Daniel Hagerty
IHMSA # 42084L
IHMSA News Editor - 2015-2017
.22 records Coordinator - Present
CA State Director - 2015-2019
Match Director, Stockton Silhouette club 1990-1995
NRA Patriot Endowment Life Member
United States of America
260 Striker
Class AA
IHMSA Member#: 0

Post by 260 Striker »

Dan, Just my two cents for suggestion. Since it appears the IHMSA News is headed for more electronic distribution than printed, I would suggest an electronic friendly format as far as columns and font size go. Please remember some of us are getting long in the tooth and small print isn't friendly to seniors and maybe some juniors too. Number of pages really doesn't matter with an electronic version, just more bytes to store on the home page. I'm sure you will come up with a good format as far as ads and classifieds go. If you needed to rearrange the order of information I say go for it. Fancy doesn't mean as much as does the information being posted. I belong to the Cast Bullet Association and their Fouling Shot is very plain but has great information. If you go to their website I believe you can find an edition of the Fouling Shot and that might give you some ideas. Jan/Feb may have gotten lost in the transition. By the way, when I reupped my membership, I didn't see the form that included the printed paper so I guess I am only going to get the electronic copy. Anthony "Lynn" Shultz, IHMSA #15692
Lynn Shultz
IHMSA #15692 since 1980
Past Match Director Logan Handgun Association
Current VP Logan Handgun Association
NRA Member
United States Air Force Veteran
Retired USAF Civil Servant (47 years)
937-407-4885
United States of America
Proclaim
Site Admin
IHMSA Member#: 57410

Post by Proclaim »

Dan,
Thanks for taking on this responsibility! If you need anything from me just let me know.
Holdrege Silhouette Gun Club Member
IHMSA Website Manager
IHMSA Life Member
NRA Life Member
IHMSAHEADQUARTERS
Target Setter
IHMSA Member#: 57212

Post by IHMSAHEADQUARTERS »

Dan I do not have Email address for all the members. I do not have a place to even go out and find them. I am still working on it.

Can we please have our members get with Dan or I (Cindy Smith) and get us your email addresses. Thank you all