Match Results

Whats new in IHMSA
Boomer
Site Admin
IHMSA Member#: 57468

Match Results

Post by Boomer »

Greg Rhineheimer our KY State Director had the good idea of using the forum to post match results & pictures. We all look forward to reading the match results in the paper but having pictures will add a new element to it.
To that end I have crated a new sub forum under the “State” section at the bottom of this forum titled Kentucky.

If each of the MD’s would like to post their results as well as pictures to this forum please do so in the Kentucky thread & I will create new forums for each state as they are posted.
When making a new match results post please name it the city of your club as well as the date of the match so that we might be able to keep it organized as well as for future reference.

If any of you have problems with photos as always send them to me & I will be happy to post them for you.
Regards,
Bob

NRA Life
IHMSA Life
User avatar United States of America
35isit
State Director
IHMSA Member#: 36827

Re: Match Results

Post by 35isit »

Bob, Should the match reports automatically delete after a specified amount of time? Or should we simply go in and edit the current match report with a new one? I don't believe we need the forum filled with every match report from now on. Hopefully we will be surprised by the number of people who at least stumble upon these reports and visit the clubs that post them.
Greg
Life Member of N.R.A.
80X80 7/27/2010
Ky State Director
Boomer
Site Admin
IHMSA Member#: 57468

Post by Boomer »

Greg,

I have not made a decision on that yet.

My 1st thought & the reason for club name & date in the title was to use it as an archive of sorts. As the posts age & are superseded by newer posts they will naturally fall to the end of the forum, out of sight but still accessible.

For now lets use it as an archive & see how it works out.
Regards,
Bob

NRA Life
IHMSA Life
35isit
State Director

Post by 35isit »

Bob, That's fine using them as an archive. I am not very computer literate. I was only thinking of the amount of memory or whatever it would use to keep them on here. My biggest hope is the match directors or the representatives of the clubs continue to post their reports. When discussing the new forum many desired to see the match reports here.

Shooters ask your match directors to post their reports here. If they can't please volunteer to help them get the reports posted.
Greg
Life Member of N.R.A.
80X80 7/27/2010
Ky State Director
35isit
State Director

Post by 35isit »

I know we have only had one match in Ky so far this year. But I'm sure there are more ranges besides mine and Steve's that has had a match this year. I would like to read your match reports. Shooters ask your match directors to post their reports. If they can't or wont please volunteer to help them to.
Greg
Life Member of N.R.A.
80X80 7/27/2010
Ky State Director
high standard 40
Class A
IHMSA Member#: 11568

Post by high standard 40 »

OK Greg, I posted our last match. Sorry I'm so late with it.
IHMSA Member since 1980
Former Match Director Baton Rouge Silhouette Club
Current Match Director Ascension Silhouette
Current Match Director Saline Creek Silhouette
Current Match Director Top Shot Silhouette
NRA Life Member
NRA Range Safety Officer