Vice President Candidates Needed

Whats new in IHMSA
United States of America
Proclaim
Site Admin
IHMSA Member#: 57410

Vice President Candidates Needed

Post by Proclaim »

IHMSA is looking for a Vice-President. I asked the current Vice-President, Steve Martens, what the requirements are for the position. Here's what he had to say:

"Minimum requirement is "breathing" . The vp will run board meetings and the other responsibilities if the Prez is not there . A phone conference call is very rare. Most voting/discussion is done by email. We do have board meetings at the World Championships to discuss any rule changes brought up by the membership. I feel another job of the officers and directors is to come up with ideas to promote the sport. Very little time commitment is needed other than attending local matches and as many regional events as ones time schedule allows."
Holdrege Silhouette Gun Club Member
IHMSA Website Manager
IHMSA Life Member
NRA Life Member
User avatar United States of America
19 Turkeys
Class AA
IHMSA Member#: 33287

Re: Vice President Candidates Needed

Post by 19 Turkeys »

The three most important qualifications (in my humble opinion :D ) are (1) openness in communications to the membership (2) openness in our financial status by ensuring the proper reports are published in a timely manner, and (3) the time & financial ability to attend the Internationals and the annual board meeting.

These are not necessarily in the order of importance by the way.

Steve W.
Past Match Director, JCSA - Grants Pass, OR
Past JCSA Board Member
IHMSA Life Member
Past Editor IHMSA News
Past Manager of IHMSA HQ West
NRA Patron

Due to recent cutbacks the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off.