Simple (hopefully) question

Questions about, disagreements with or ideas for new rules post here.
United States of America
dan in mi
Class C
IHMSA Member#: 30384

Simple (hopefully) question

Post by dan in mi »

If it was legal for production 20 or more years ago is it still legal?
United States of America
Jimologist
Class B
IHMSA Member#: 51873

Re: Simple (hopefully) question

Post by Jimologist »

Thats an excellent question. I would say almost anything that was legal 20 years ago should still be legal with a notable exception: the Xp-100 stock 10” in .221 fireball is not legal for production anymore.

The other thing Im not certain on is when the overall length of 18” was put in.

Are you thinking about a specific old gun? If so throw it out here and somebody will have an opinion ;)

Jim
United States of America
dan in mi
Class C
IHMSA Member#: 30384

Post by dan in mi »

Nothing in particular. I just know the rules have gotten so convoluted since the 80's/90's that I don't know what production is anymore.
United States of America
WA_SHTR+44M
Class C
IHMSA Member#: 7771

Post by WA_SHTR+44M »

So here's my thought on the topic --
I'm (hopeful) that they should bring back the 221 Fireball in the original XP-100 as production.
The one allowable exception would be to have the rear sight exchanged for something like ISGW or Bomar or similar sights that have better rear blade options and adjustments. Not saying that the original rear XP sights are not as good but they just seem basic like the simple Ruger Blackhawk with no real reliable clicks or markings to identify the adjustments that are made.
Bring back the XP-100 221 Fireball and let's see how many of us out there have one sitting in the safe not being used and get some new entries on the scorecards.

Steve 7771
IHMSA Member since 1996
B-) 1st Copy IHMSA Newsletter Flash Drive 40 Years 1977-2016
United States of America
aggshooter
IHMSA VP
IHMSA Member#: 29087

Post by aggshooter »

Consider putting a scope on and shooting it in UAS and UASHS. The optic will allow you to place bullets high on the full size ram for better takedown. I would think it would be a hoot in half scale.
Rich Hawkins
IHMSA VP

"Go ahead and shoot. The bullet has to go somewhere."
George Hawkins 1917-2000
User avatar United States of America
64XP-100
Spotter
IHMSA Member#: 57733

Post by 64XP-100 »

aggshooter wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 3:04 pm Consider putting a scope on and shooting it in UAS and UASHS. The optic will allow you to place bullets high on the full size ram for better takedown. I would think it would be a hoot in half scale.
Soft point bullets are typically too fragile for BB rams. I am trying FMJ 55g to impact harder.

Half-scale can use any 50-55g bullets. Add the 357 bullets in the stock to add weight and do a trigger job. My stock 4# trigger MIGHT be limiting my scores, or it could be my aging eyes.
Pat Camus
Eastern PA @ Falls Township or Wilkes-Barre
NRA-Endowment Member