"Flop" stocks, Shooting Aids, and Rule Enforcement

Questions about, disagreements with or ideas for new rules post here.
United States of America
Roy 260
Target Setter
IHMSA Member#: 56451

Re: "Flop" stocks, Shooting Aids, and Rule Enforcement

Post by Roy 260 »

aggshooter wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 1:47 pm
Roy 260 wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 11:25 am Easy anything that fit any part of your Antony is ruled illegal. That being said how many one piece stocks or your grips and not made custom or factory that doesn’t have a palm swell on it or finger grooves they all fit the hand. What the difference between that and the concave that are all about the same that might fit one out of twenty shooters than finger groves that fit about everybody. Even a flat stock resting on the forearm is going to be illegal under the rule. We need to fix this rule for everybody
What are you talking about? The forend rule is about forends. Grips aren't even mentioned. Have you actually read the rule? Have you read the article titled "Forend rule clarified by amendment"? Grips aren't mentioned in either one. The rule book has a section just on grips.....it pertains to production guns. Sheeesh......
I heard somebody made a comment that the grip wasn’t part of the stock geees and it’s a one piece stock. Let just go shoot and have fun and burn powder.
United States of America
aggshooter
IHMSA VP
IHMSA Member#: 29087

Post by aggshooter »

Roy 260 wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 8:15 pm
aggshooter wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 1:47 pm
Roy 260 wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 11:25 am Easy anything that fit any part of your Antony is ruled illegal. That being said how many one piece stocks or your grips and not made custom or factory that doesn’t have a palm swell on it or finger grooves they all fit the hand. What the difference between that and the concave that are all about the same that might fit one out of twenty shooters than finger groves that fit about everybody. Even a flat stock resting on the forearm is going to be illegal under the rule. We need to fix this rule for everybody
What are you talking about? The forend rule is about forends. Grips aren't even mentioned. Have you actually read the rule? Have you read the article titled "Forend rule clarified by amendment"? Grips aren't mentioned in either one. The rule book has a section just on grips.....it pertains to production guns. Sheeesh......
I heard somebody made a comment that the grip wasn’t part of the stock geees and it’s a one piece stock. Let just go shoot and have fun and burn powder.
Wait....what...? "I heard someone make a comment......" What kind of BS response is that? Did you read the rule or not? You throw out an accusation that all stocks are illegal based on "I heard somebody made a comment"?......and then you blow it off with "let's just go shoot and have fun"...WTF.....this isn't facebook....read the f***ing rule......

All others....if you post BS....I'm gonna call you out. I'm sick of this schit....
Rich Hawkins
IHMSA VP

"Go ahead and shoot. The bullet has to go somewhere."
George Hawkins 1917-2000
United States of America
Roy 260
Target Setter

Post by Roy 260 »

Yes I have read all the rules for all classes
United States of America
jmoore
Class B
IHMSA Member#: 57653

Post by jmoore »

Some of the forestocks that won't make the depth requirement. The rainbow forestock is actually better for Unlimited Standing, a different approach to the high rise scope mount:

Not even this wee Magpul grip makes the depth requirement:

Don't like the new rule? Go "Gangsta"!
(An old high rise mount I had laying about. Just took a little reconfiguring...)

United States of America
Roy 260
Target Setter

Post by Roy 260 »

B-) That some cool looking stuff
United States of America
braud357
Class A
IHMSA Member#: 13794

Post by braud357 »

Please post some pictures of how you shoot the "gansta" Anschutz !! :D
IHMSA # 13794 Joined May, 1980
Match Director Ascension Silhouette Gonzales, LA 1991-2009
Louisiana IHMSA Deputy State Director 1983 - 1985
Louisiana IHMSA State Director 1995 - 2007, 2014 -
IHMSA Region 2 Director 2007 - 2009
Life Member - NRA
User avatar United States of America
JACKIE40X40
Class A
IHMSA Member#: 13263

Post by JACKIE40X40 »

braud357 wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 7:48 am Please post some pictures of how you shoot the "gansta" Anschutz !! :D
I’ve have seen a setup similar to the Anschutz before,don’t remember where though?
United States of America
jmoore
Class B
IHMSA Member#: 57653

Post by jmoore »

braud357 wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 7:48 am Please post some pictures of how you shoot the "gansta" Anschutz !! :D
As a lefty, it seems quite viable. If i was right handed, I'd have set it on a 64P.
But if it's pictures you want, then the next time somebody is with me at the range, OK!
Fired one sighter shot out of it so far after doing a rough bore sight. It was off about 4-6" left at 50 yards. State Match didn't seem like the best venue to experiment....

Been thinking on how best to approach the concept with an AR for some time, so stay tuned.
Davestr
Target Painter
IHMSA Member#: 0

Post by Davestr »

I love that Rich Zebra Gun is totally Illegal to the rule and he is on here making the most Noise. I called him out on it when I wanted to add an aluminum part to my gun.

His looks kind of like the charger and then he moans. Sounds like a Biden supporter to me.
United States of America
aggshooter
IHMSA VP
IHMSA Member#: 29087

Post by aggshooter »

Davestr wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 11:57 am I love that Rich Zebra Gun is totally Illegal to the rule and he is on here making the most Noise. I called him out on it when I wanted to add an aluminum part to my gun.

His looks kind of like the charger and then he moans. Sounds like a Biden supporter to me.
Ummmm.....none of that actually happened. As it was related to me from Dell, you called Dell asking about a modification, Dell told you no, but you did it anyway. Then you whined all week because your gun got tossed at inspection. Another member related the incident at the delegates meeting, and called you out with a WTF did you expect? I had no part in any of it.

Your comments remind me of a conversation I had with my dad just before I went away to college, nearly 50 years ago.

Dad drew upon his experience in the Army during World War 2. Dad told me I would be meeting new people. Folks from other parts of the state, other parts of the country, other parts of the world. There would be the inevitable conversations about ways of life, culture, and what each of us had experienced in our youth and growing up. Some of those conversations would turn into debates, perhaps then turn into arguments about who had the best life or who had experienced more.

I recall Dad telling me "when the debate turns to argument and your opponent starts calling you names, it's because he knows he has lost the credible argument and can't beat you. All he can do is start talking trash".

To Dad, 1917-2000, rest in peace.....

To Dave, sticks and stones dude, sticks and stones....
Rich Hawkins
IHMSA VP

"Go ahead and shoot. The bullet has to go somewhere."
George Hawkins 1917-2000