Legal flop?

Questions about, disagreements with or ideas for new rules post here.
User avatar United States of America
nutcase
Site Admin
IHMSA Member#: 42084

Re: Legal flop?

Post by nutcase »

forest341 wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 9:48 am
JACKIE40X40 wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 12:52 pm You could apply for a PC card if you have a physical problem,other wise if you used the PC bench it would be considered a shooting aid!
That is exactly how I understood it.

As a 62 year old, I am just a young one in this organization. I have no need for a raised platform (yet), but better eyes sure would be nice.

While we are here, look at the above club's site pictures again. There is a young man with a red jacket on, shooting from a raised platform, and with his left leg straight out in front of him. That sure doesn't look safe to me. I like my toes and would like to keep them. If I shot off my foot, I would probably have to start shooting from a raised platform.
Technically, it is a safety violation Under what we used to call the "45 Degree Rule" and it is an Old rule. this is the present wording for the rule:

C) While in the firing position, no part of the competitor’s body may be in the “Danger Zone”, defined as a 45-degree angle cone- shaped area extending from the muzzle in line with the bore.

it will depend on how he is positioned though. if that leg is straight out, he would be in the 45 degree cone. if the leg is angled away from the body, it would not be in the cone. This is a Safety violation and just requires a notification.
Daniel Hagerty
IHMSA # 42084L
IHMSA News Editor - 2015-2017
.22 records Coordinator - Present
CA State Director - 2015-2019
Match Director, Stockton Silhouette club 1990-1995
NRA Patriot Endowment Life Member
User avatar United States of America
64XP-100
Spotter
IHMSA Member#: 57733

Re: Legal flop?

Post by 64XP-100 »

forest341 wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 9:48 am While we are here, look at the above club's site pictures again. There is a young man with a red jacket on, shooting from a raised platform, and with his left leg straight out in front of him. That sure doesn't look safe to me. I like my toes and would like to keep them. If I shot off my foot, I would probably have to start shooting from a raised platform.
At least 2 other shooters with same position.
Pat Camus
Eastern PA @ Falls Township or Wilkes-Barre
NRA-Endowment Member