Rules Meeting at OKC

Questions about, disagreements with or ideas for new rules post here.
United States of America
bkraft
Target Painter
IHMSA Member#: 57644

Rules Meeting at OKC

Post by bkraft »

What happened at the rules meeting on the 22nd I believe? Did they have enough members to do anything?
User avatar United States of America
35isit
State Director
IHMSA Member#: 36827

Re: Rules Meeting at OKC

Post by 35isit »

I represented Region II at the Delegates meeting. I was not able to vote but gave my input on what was brought up. I will let either Doug Or Richard fill us in on any changes made. I don't feel it's my place to do so. I'm just answering your question that rule changes were discussed and there were enough officer and directors to vote.
Greg
Life Member of N.R.A.
80X80 7/27/2010
Ky State Director
nutcase
Site Admin
IHMSA Member#: 42084

Post by nutcase »

as soon as We get the rules changes voted on, They will be posted on this website. Usually, most of these changes may not go into effect until a later date.
Daniel Hagerty
IHMSA # 42084L
IHMSA News Editor - 2015-2017
.22 records Coordinator - Present
CA State Director - 2015-2019
Match Director, Stockton Silhouette club 1990-1995
NRA Patriot Endowment Life Member
United States of America
aggshooter
IHMSA VP
IHMSA Member#: 29087

Post by aggshooter »

35isit wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 6:31 pm I represented Region II at the Delegates meeting. I was not able to vote but gave my input on what was brought up. I will let either Doug Or Richard fill us in on any changes made. I don't feel it's my place to do so. I'm just answering your question that rule changes were discussed and there were enough officer and directors to vote.
Thank you Greg.

Most of it was pretty mundane. Warren took the official notes, we need to get his copy before posting. In past years, posting was sometimes premature and led to more confusion than clarity. The proposal to clarify aggregate score reduction for inclusion in Presidents Clubs passed, it was just math and a no brainer (see the thread that pertains to it).
There are topics that had diverse opinions, not earth shattering, I intend to post a new thread on it soon. Diana has had some health issues, we're getting them squared away. I was gone 9 days, so our club needed mowing, all 8 pistol bays needed weed spraying, I had a rifle match to run last night (27 entries, 5 hours), etc.

Thanks for your patience.
Rich Hawkins
IHMSA VP

"Go ahead and shoot. The bullet has to go somewhere."
George Hawkins 1917-2000
United States of America
260 Striker
Class AA
IHMSA Member#: 0

Post by 260 Striker »

Are the proposed rule changes posted somewhere so we can see what is being voted on?
Who is actually voting on the rule changes? Was that supposed to be done at the annual meeting?
Thanks
Lynn Shultz
IHMSA #15692 since 1980
Past Match Director Logan Handgun Association
Current VP Logan Handgun Association
NRA Member
United States Air Force Veteran
Retired USAF Civil Servant (47 years)
937-407-4885
nutcase
Site Admin
IHMSA Member#: 42084

Post by nutcase »

260 Striker wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 8:28 pm Are the proposed rule changes posted somewhere so we can see what is being voted on?
Who is actually voting on the rule changes? Was that supposed to be done at the annual meeting?
Thanks
I think They have been voted on at annual meeting or board meeting. But will not know till minutes are released. Either the board can post here or can send to me and I will post any rule changes voted on.

I reread my earlier post and totally messed that up!
Daniel Hagerty
IHMSA # 42084L
IHMSA News Editor - 2015-2017
.22 records Coordinator - Present
CA State Director - 2015-2019
Match Director, Stockton Silhouette club 1990-1995
NRA Patriot Endowment Life Member
United States of America
aggshooter
IHMSA VP
IHMSA Member#: 29087

Post by aggshooter »

260 Striker wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 8:28 pm Are the proposed rule changes posted somewhere so we can see what is being voted on?
Thanks
You mean like were the rule proposals posted on the IHMSA forum under the "Rules" thread? And were readers asked for input or invited to give their input to their regional director to represent them at the Board meeting?

You mean like in the 4 previous threads that end in the words "..Rules Proposals.."?

Um, yeah....

….you're killing me dude... ~x( :))
Rich Hawkins
IHMSA VP

"Go ahead and shoot. The bullet has to go somewhere."
George Hawkins 1917-2000