Please help with my rule confusion

Questions about, disagreements with or ideas for new rules post here.
Terryfromok1
Target Setter
IHMSA Member#: 0

Please help with my rule confusion

Post by Terryfromok1 »

Howdy from Oklahoma

I am interested in competing in IHMSA events. I looked the rules over, took notes and have come up a bit confused. Please forgive me, but I need some help sorting this all out.

I have a T/C G2 Contender with a 12" .22 lr barrel. It has a red dot sight on it now until I get used to it. I can replace it with something else if red dots are not allowed. With the current equipment, in what area can I compete?

I reload and cast for the following calibers:

.30-06, .308 Winchester, .303 British, 7.62 x 39mm, .30 Carbine, 9mm, .45 ACP, .38 Special, and .357 Magnum. Could I compete win both Field Pistol and Big Bore with one of the above calibers?

Also, what is required for barrel length and scope restrictions in Small Bore, Field Pistol, and Big Bore competitions?

Thanks in advance for your help

Terryfromok1
Hosspower
Class B
IHMSA Member#: 57696

Re: Please help with my rule confusion

Post by Hosspower »

Your 12" 22 w/red dot would be able to be used in small bore unlimited any sight and also small bore unlimited standing.

If you intend to shoot with a scope you will be in the unlimited any sight categories. Also unlimited standing. These are unlimited scope power and barrel length max of 15"

production, revolver, unlimited and standing are all shot with iron sights. Unlimited standing allows you a scope and longer barrel.

For field pistol max barrel length is 10" or 10-3/4".

For calibers you need to have enough punch to knock the rams over but not too much where you are damaging target.

Big bore your 308, 7.62 x 39 & 357 would work well.

Field pistol you could use 9mm, 45acp, 38, 357, 30 carbine.

If practical hunter class is offered this may open up a few other doors.

Show up at a match with your guns and they will put you in a class. You will definitely have fun.
Terryfromok1
Target Setter
IHMSA Member#: 0

Re: Please help with my rule confusion

Post by Terryfromok1 »

Thank you for your reply. It helped immensely.

Terryfromok1