500 meter silhouette rules

Questions about, disagreements with or ideas for new rules post here.
Hosspower
Class B
IHMSA Member#: 57696

Re: 500 meter silhouette rules

Post by Hosspower »

Go for it Richard. Show em how it's done.

Standing record is 11
US record is 17

Impressive scores for 500 meters!!! My 200 meter standing scores aren't much better than that.
User avatar United States of America
JACKIE40X40
Class A
IHMSA Member#: 13263

Post by JACKIE40X40 »

nutcase wrote:
ole95 wrote:I'm thinking how much fun a PH class in this would be :-?
Do Not get too far ahead of yourself! production 500 Meter is not approved yet!

if you want a REAL challenge, Try 500 Meter 1/2 scale! My high score is a 12!
We had one guy try it in revolver,he ran out of clicks at the turkeys. **==
ole95
Class A
IHMSA Member#: 57528

Post by ole95 »

We had one guy try it in revolver,he ran out of clicks at the turkeys. **==
Jackie I think nutcase told me he had to change fronts sights during the match with his :-?
jrs
"ole78x80"
Life's easier when your only average
IHMSA #57528
Match director Backyard range 2013,2014
NRA
nutcase
Site Admin
IHMSA Member#: 42084

Post by nutcase »

ole95 wrote:We had one guy try it in revolver,he ran out of clicks at the turkeys. **==
Jackie I think nutcase told me he had to change fronts sights during the match with his :-?
You are right. with a Revolver, you will have to change the front post to a shorter one sometime while you shoot. The Rules do allow for this though! :-bd
Daniel Hagerty
IHMSA # 42084L
IHMSA News Editor - 2015-2017
.22 records Coordinator - Present
CA State Director - 2015-2019
Match Director, Stockton Silhouette club 1990-1995
NRA Patriot Endowment Life Member
ole95
Class A

Post by ole95 »

Ok lets say I decided to go to the INT this and wonted to shoot the 500. I never shot it before and don't see me getting to anytime soon
So I would not be classified and would not have shot the required 2 500yrd. matches in the last 12 months as per the rules to shoot in a Championship match I think
I would think that they could be a lot of shooter in the same boat
jrs
"ole78x80"
IHMSA #57528
NRA
United States of America
260 Striker
Class AA
IHMSA Member#: 0

Post by 260 Striker »

Richard, Great question. I would think this discipline would be so difficult that an unclassified shooter should be allowed to shoot and be classified based upon the score at that match. The rule to be pre-classified means more for the normal 200 meter and 100 meter/yard categories. Also, the need to be pre-classified obviously allowed the MDs to group the shooters into classes and also to discourage people from sandbagging prior to championship matches so they could enter in a lower class but knew they could shoot higher class scores. I don't think there will be any sandbagging in the new Ultra matches. Just shooting any decent score will be difficult enough. You make a great point though so shooters who do not have access to 500 meter ranges would still be allowed to shoot for the first time at a championship match.
Lynn Shultz
IHMSA #15692 since 1980
Past Match Director Logan Handgun Association
Current VP Logan Handgun Association
NRA Member
United States Air Force Veteran
Retired USAF Civil Servant (47 years)
937-407-4885
hardtoseeovergut
Class B
IHMSA Member#: 57702

Post by hardtoseeovergut »

ole95 wrote:Ok lets say I decided to go to the INT this and wonted to shoot the 500. I never shot it before and don't see me getting to anytime soon
So I would not be classified and would not have shot the required 2 500yrd. matches in the last 12 months as per the rules to shoot in a Championship match I think
I would think that they could be a lot of shooter in the same boat
Pretty much what 260 said. I think it's pretty obvious that the first couple years nobody gives a damn except for getting people to try it.
Told wife she's lucky IHMSA is my mid life crisis, it's cheaper than a Corvette or chasing younger women!

Region 3 Sucker, nobody else wanted the job!
ole95
Class A

Post by ole95 »

Let me say I think the 500 meter is a great calling card for the INT. and other matches. I know Nutcase and Mr. King along with others have worked hard on this and take very serous and that's great. they have offer this as a added on at I know the last 2 INT. and WCC. I missed my chance to try it @ OKC and the WCC. My point being that now it's not a add on the Rules have somewhat change. I would hate to be told now I could not shoot because of the Championship Rules. even after I told them 260 Striker and a guy named Hardtoseeovergut said It should be alright =)) . The only reason I would halfway even think of going to a INT. would be the 500 match.(not saying I am ) But If I did I would have to know that I could shoot in it before I left home!
I like I think other because its a one time deal for them see it as a novelty shoot just to been there done that and I even hit some were the score is not a concern
There again if it did have a PH class and the PH class was as I think it should be ( shoot from any safe position with a hand gun that will not cause target damage and keep you score card in your pocket) then all could shoot it. and the competitors could compete
and again the only reason I bring this up I would hate for people to go to the INT. with the thoughts of shooting the 500 meter to be told sorry rules are rules
Not try to start a debate just trying to ward off any unforeseen problems
jrs
"ole78x80"
IHMSA #57528
NRA
nutcase
Site Admin
IHMSA Member#: 42084

Post by nutcase »

I will get the official word today for you guys.

But, it will not be ran at the same time as the regular championships for 2 reasons: The longer firing period and the unlimited sighters! it will most likely be before or after the regular championship.
Daniel Hagerty
IHMSA # 42084L
IHMSA News Editor - 2015-2017
.22 records Coordinator - Present
CA State Director - 2015-2019
Match Director, Stockton Silhouette club 1990-1995
NRA Patriot Endowment Life Member
wheelgun7360

Post by wheelgun7360 »

good luck to all that will try it, but it isn't for me. the targets are WAAAAAAY out there. allen