blackout

Questions about, disagreements with or ideas for new rules post here.
United States of America
260 Striker
Class AA
IHMSA Member#: 0

Re: blackout

Post by 260 Striker »

Stumbled onto this old thread while Googling 300 Whisper Rimmed. Ironic about the last post and MGM stamping their barrels BLACKOUT. I just ordered a 10 3/4" Contender barrel in 300 Whisper Rimmed from MGM and the salesman had never heard of the rimmed version of the Whisper. After explaining it was just a standard 300 Whisper with a 357 magnum rim and extracted they said sure they could make one for me. He then asked me what I would like stamped on the barrel. I guess I could have called it anything I wanted but I said use 300 Whisper Rimmed. Another twist to the rimmed story is many years ago I got the TC Custom Shop to make a limited run of 300 Whisper Rimmed barrels if I could get at least 10 orders. TC asked me what marking to put on the barrels. I should have called it some fancy name but suggested 300 Whisper Rimmed. There are two examples of companies making Whisper Rimmed and neither on really cared what was stamped on the barrels. MOA, BF and EAB had their own cartridges that have become Production legal over the years. The only limitation these days on cartridges is in FP. Just thought this thread was ironic to find it four years later about the different versions of the 300/221 and I am getting one made by MGM.
Lynn Shultz
IHMSA #15692 since 1980
Past Match Director Logan Handgun Association
Current VP Logan Handgun Association
NRA Member
United States Air Force Veteran
Retired USAF Civil Servant (47 years)
937-407-4885