production ???

Questions about, disagreements with or ideas for new rules post here.
Class C
IHMSA Member#: 57229

production ???

Post by 686 »

I think i have ask this question before and the answder is yes. TC made-makes a pistol for end listed for 10" , 12", or 14" . It has 2 screw holes. In shooting production is it legal with 2 screw holes and the 10" barrel only has 1 hole ?
Class C

Re: production ???

Post by 686 »

I think a catalog item means it is for sale to any one and not custom made for just you. The forend has to fit with out you makng any changes to it. I would think a catalog 14" forend that will fit a 10" barrel would be ok. What if a bomar sight was listed for use on a 14" barrel would that mean it could not be used on a 10" barrel ? I do not think the rules say catalog item for that barrel, just a catalog item and no modifications. Any help ??
Class C

Post by 686 »

any rules people on here ?
User avatar United States of America
19 Turkeys
Class AA
IHMSA Member#: 33287

Post by 19 Turkeys »

Unless you are going to the Internationals, just shoot it.

Steve W.
Past Match Director, JCSA - Grants Pass, OR
Past JCSA Board Member
IHMSA Life Member
Past Editor IHMSA News
Past Manager of IHMSA HQ West
NRA Patron

Due to recent cutbacks the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off.
TEFREY
Class C
IHMSA Member#: 57239

Post by TEFREY »

I have used a two hole hanger for my Pachmeyr fore-end on a 10" barrel because that's all I had. I would think if a 2 hole fore-end is illegal on a 10" barrel then a 2 hole hanger would be as well. And maybe it is.
Nobody
United States of America
260 Striker
Class AA
IHMSA Member#: 0

Post by 260 Striker »

I think this is one of those issues that died out when aftermarket sights got OKed for Production use. The two screw TC forend can fit on the 10" barrels with no alterations so is considered legal (at least at our matches). With some of the hand-made forends that can be bought and used in Production since they are available to everyone and not custom fitted to a particular gun, the two screw TC forend ends up being one of the plainest forends available for TCs. I agree with Steve, just shoot it and don't worry. I think every MD at any local match will just let you shoot whatever gun you want as long as it has the correct barrel length for Production. Since you can now custom order Contender barrels to meet the Production rules, the two screw forend would not make that much of an advantage over the standard single screw forend and SHOULD NOT be considered and aid in shooting. Notice the emphasis since some die hard rule techie may still make an issue. This may be covered in our current rules but they haven't been updated for several years. I think people would make a bigger stink if you tried to shoot your Contender without any forend.
Lynn Shultz
IHMSA #15692 since 1980
Past Match Director Logan Handgun Association
Current VP Logan Handgun Association
NRA Member
United States Air Force Veteran
Retired USAF Civil Servant (47 years)
937-407-4885