PH - Another Question - PHHS and PHFS?

Questions about, disagreements with or ideas for new rules post here.
United States of America
260 Striker
Class AA
IHMSA Member#: 0

PH - Another Question - PHHS and PHFS?

Post by 260 Striker »

Hate to keep beating on PH but our club held their annual meeting yesterday and approved PH for 2015 so I need to get some things straight. While discussing the different classes of PH our MD asked about PH half size (HS) and PH fifth scale (FS). Our range is not set up for FS so not an immediate concern for our range but we do offer HS. I don't see any classes for PHHS and PHFS in the addendum. I doubt if any MD will say no to any shooter who wants to shoot PHHS or PHFS but what are the classification scores for those two classes? The current addendum only lists the scores for the PH classification scores shot on the Long, Short and 22LR courses. The scoring for HS and FS is just a little different from U classes so wouldn't there also be a slight difference in the scores for classifying PHHS and PHFS from the normal PH classes? The runts are tougher so there is a slight difference in classification due to the smaller sizes. Just another question to ponder for PH.
Lynn Shultz
IHMSA #15692 since 1980
Past Match Director Logan Handgun Association
Current VP Logan Handgun Association
NRA Member
United States Air Force Veteran
Retired USAF Civil Servant (47 years)
937-407-4885
User avatar United States of America
nutcase
Site Admin
IHMSA Member#: 42084

Re: PH - Another Question - PHHS and PHFS?

Post by nutcase »

ok, you really are grasping at straws!

PHHS and PHFS would be classified as unsanctioned categories and would have no classes. Since these would be unsanctioned, you could set your own rules and would not fall under IHMSA rules.

as for your other questions concerning Ported barrels, you need to get hold of Dell Taylor as he is the Chairman of the Rules committee. what they say is the final word concerning the rules.
Daniel Hagerty
IHMSA # 42084L
IHMSA News Editor - 2015-2017
.22 records Coordinator - Present
CA State Director - 2015-2019
Match Director, Stockton Silhouette club 1990-1995
NRA Patriot Endowment Life Member
United States of America
260 Striker
Class AA

Post by 260 Striker »

Good advice!! Since any bordello and rifle matches are not sanctioned by IHMSA that will just be more money in the local club treasury. Same would go for guns that don't meet any IHMSA rules. We let them shoot as long as they are safe and having fun. I guess my main concerns are trying to grow new IHMSA membership and if people show up that want to shoot guns that don't match the rules or non-existing classes, PHHS for example, then we tell them they can shoot unofficially but not be recognized by IHMSA. I just want to get shooters to feel they are a part of IHMSA somehow and they may end up becoming members.
Lynn Shultz
IHMSA #15692 since 1980
NRA Member
937-407-4885
United States of America
260 Striker
Class AA

Post by 260 Striker »

I'm just trying to find a class that IHMSA will let me shoot my Meriden 32 S&W top break revolver with a 3" Magna-Ported barrel. That is my deer hunting gun. You sneak up real close, put it up against their forehead and pull the trigger. Haven't gotten any deer with it yet and I figured if I could shoot it in some IHMSA class I would get better using it. Oh and using cast bullets!!!!!
Lynn Shultz
IHMSA #15692 since 1980
NRA Member
937-407-4885