6.8spc

Fire, smoke & recoil whats not to love.
blue06van
Target Setter
IHMSA Member#: 0

6.8spc

Post by blue06van »

Had an XP 221fb redone to 6.8spc, anyone out there using one and care to share load data?
plumbdude
Target Painter
IHMSA Member#: 57212

Re: 6.8spc

Post by plumbdude »

Hello,,, that is very difficult one for accuracy for me,,, after a year I came up with 28 gr. h-335. In Remington brass,,115 gr. bullet
That was for my AR PLATFORM,, haven't tried anything in a pistol, neat cartridge ,,good luck my good man
IHMSA Region 8 director
IHMSA Wyoming state director
CRPC match director
Jim Tolbert memorial IHMSA range manager
Assistant to IHMSA HQ operations
NRA LIFE member
IHMSA Life member
Certified NRA. R.S.O.
Dave smith Cheyenne
307-631-9742
United States of America
7br
Spotter
IHMSA Member#: 49783

Post by 7br »

Chris Dunlap from Kansas is shooting a 14" Contender in 6.8. I might see him this weekend and will try to get some info.
United States of America
7br
Spotter
IHMSA Member#: 49783

Post by 7br »

I talked with Chris yesterday. He is using a load about a grain below Hodgdon's lightest load with a sierra 115gr hpbt. did not get primer or case information.
TeamTurpin
Target Setter
IHMSA Member#: 57639

Post by TeamTurpin »

I'm new to Silhouette and am only competing in SB in 2013. But, this gives me time to build my BB gun for 2014. I'm a Contender shooter and have decided on 6.8 as my caliber. I hear good things about this cartridge and bad things, but shooting 7TCU like everyone else just seems unimaginative. It will be interesting to see the kind of accuracy that I can get out of a 14" barrel.
United States of America
Richard Pickering
Class B
IHMSA Member#: 5905

Post by Richard Pickering »

I guess you'll select an aftermarket barrel. I wasn't aware T/C chambered the Contender for the 6.8 cartridge. They might have. rp
I have served as assistant match director, Southern Silhouette club, 1980s. Also, the Griffin Gun Club for Silhouette during the 1990s, to about 2005. For a short period I authored the ''Cast Bullet'' section of The IHMSA News. Joined IHMSA March 1979.
TeamTurpin
Target Setter

Post by TeamTurpin »

I'm not sure, but I thought so. My local Contender shop (Ed's Contenders) had a 6.8 barrel when I was in there last. I thought it was a factory barrel, but didn't verify it for sure. But, if that one doesn't work out, EAB, MGM and others would make me one.

I'll have a local gunsmith fit a JP Recoil Eliminator to it, so I need to do some research as to suitable barrel diameters, etc.
United States of America
Richard Pickering
Class B
IHMSA Member#: 5905

Post by Richard Pickering »

Yes, they are shown on Ed's site. Please keep us informed of your experience with it. RP
I have served as assistant match director, Southern Silhouette club, 1980s. Also, the Griffin Gun Club for Silhouette during the 1990s, to about 2005. For a short period I authored the ''Cast Bullet'' section of The IHMSA News. Joined IHMSA March 1979.
TeamTurpin
Target Setter

Post by TeamTurpin »

My 6.8 project has now started moving forward. A few weeks ago, I picked up a factory T/C bull barrel from Ed's Contenders and then had a local gunsmith/machinist cut down the barrel and install a JP Recoil Eliminator onto it. I just got it back this morning, but haven't yet tried it out. A couple of weeks ago, I shot the "pre-brake" barrel and was surprised by this cartridge's hard recoil. It will be interesting to see how much it's been tamed. I'll be shooting from the "flop", so hopefully I can avoid a black eye now.

United States of America
260 Striker
Class AA
IHMSA Member#: 0

Post by 260 Striker »

Awesome looking barrel. I suspect just from the weight of the brake that would help reduce recoil. I wonder how that cartridge will work with 130 grain bullets, at least for rams. Keep us posted on your progress. TCs are great guns!!!
Lynn Shultz
IHMSA #15692 since 1980
Past Match Director Logan Handgun Association
Current VP Logan Handgun Association
NRA Member
United States Air Force Veteran
Retired USAF Civil Servant (47 years)
937-407-4885