.223 Remington for 1/2 scale

Fire, smoke & recoil whats not to love.
United States of America
jmoore
Class B
IHMSA Member#: 57653

Re: .223 Remington for 1/2 scale

Post by jmoore »

Finally shot the XP-100R Monday, just to get a baseline for comparison. Glad that a stock change is planned, as I don't like the factory version! The trigger pull was very too heavy, too. But it seems to shoot near as I can tell trying to do the job from the wrong side.

First impression is that factory power level rounds won't do for flop! Surprising amount of recoil compared to the manually operated AR pistols. Could be the wrong handed shooting? At any rate, not what we want.

First reduced load wasn't much better. The ten rounds of ammo using AA5744 were much more pleasant, but hit much lower and may be not accurate enough. Not going to judge further until restocking and trigger adjustments are done, though!

Slight delay, as the trigger guard for the "new" stock got run over and squashed before delivery. The seller has a few more, fortunately!

A bit of thread drift, but anybody have recommendations for a good trigger group for the "R" model? Very much used to a two stage trigger, which would also mimic the ones in the "Anschutzi", so less "finger training" needed when transitioning between the three. If it was just me, a single stage would be OK, just not a favorite.
United States of America
260 Striker
Class AA
IHMSA Member#: 0

Post by 260 Striker »

Any trigger that would fit a Remington 700 should work on your rear grip XP. Cheapest would probably be a Timney then all the way up to Canjar or other high dollar triggers. Timney might be a good start at least.
Lynn Shultz
IHMSA #15692 since 1980
Past Match Director Logan Handgun Association
Current VP Logan Handgun Association
NRA Member
United States Air Force Veteran
Retired USAF Civil Servant (47 years)
937-407-4885
United States of America
jmoore
Class B
IHMSA Member#: 57653

Post by jmoore »

260 Striker wrote:Any trigger that would fit a Remington 700 should work on your rear grip XP. Cheapest would probably be a Timney then all the way up to Canjar or other high dollar triggers. Timney might be a good start at least.
So a 700 trigger will work, IF i forgo the finger operated bolt release? Timney makes a two stage 700 trigger, but nothing similar listed for Model Sevens, etc. (I run two stage triggers when possible, and, again, it would be similar to the Anschutz.)