Fire, smoke & recoil whats not to love.
United States of America
i26963
Class A
IHMSA Member#: 26963

Re: New Remington bolt action pistol

Post by i26963 »

19 Turkeys wrote:
LOCKHART wrote:Come on, guys, the thing has possibilities. Let's wait and see. Hell, how many new possible silhouette guns have we seen introduced in the last 10 years by ANYBODY?
Want a new bolt gun. The Nosler is a far better choice. https://www.nosler.com/nosler-handgun/.

Steve W.

I would love to have a stock like that for an XP!
Melvin
Co-Match Director LRGC, Lincolnton, GA
User avatar United States of America
IHMSA80x80
Class B
IHMSA Member#: 0

Post by IHMSA80x80 »

19 Turkeys wrote: Want a new bolt gun. The Nosler is a far better choice. https://www.nosler.com/nosler-handgun/.

Steve W.
I agree, Steve. Just have to figure out what guns I need to sell first.
"Are you gonna pull them pistols, or whistle Dixie?"
United States of America
i26963
Class A
IHMSA Member#: 26963

Post by i26963 »

IHMSA80x80 wrote:
19 Turkeys wrote: Want a new bolt gun. The Nosler is a far better choice. https://www.nosler.com/nosler-handgun/.

Steve W.
I agree, Steve. Just have to figure out what guns I need to sell first.
You could start with selling me back the Bond BF22 I sold you years ago! :p
Melvin
Co-Match Director LRGC, Lincolnton, GA
IHMSA80x80
Class B

Post by IHMSA80x80 »

i26963 wrote:
IHMSA80x80 wrote: I agree, Steve. Just have to figure out what guns I need to sell first.

You could start with selling me back the Bond BF22 I sold you years ago! :p
Melvin
Nope. That's not one of the ones I had in mind.
"Are you gonna pull them pistols, or whistle Dixie?"
United States of America
Nuclearmike
Target Painter

Post by Nuclearmike »

Ok. Resurrecting this semi-old thread. I think it deserves some attention.

These things are ~$750 on GB. Not bad for an unlimited gun with factory and tons of aftermarket support. As previously said it is based on the M700 and comes with Magpul furniture. I asked about magazines and the Rem rep told me any caliber appropriate Magpul mag will work. What the heck do I need with a 10 round mag. Right? The barrel on the .308 is 12.5". I don't think it would be too difficult to find a muzzle brake that would keep barrel length under 15". 300BLK barrel is 10.5" BTW. Lots of upside, I think. Weight might be a problem. It's right at 6lb w/o a scope. I'm thinking you could find a way to shed so w weight if you needed to.

Look, i know a lot of you guys have XPs and love them. I'm a new shooter. Just started UAS this year. This is a darn cool development. IMO. I'd really be happy I it were offered in 7-08. I dont know, 30 Cal might be a good thing. Lots of cheap bullets out there for C&P... :D
United States of America
1957PRR
Target Setter

Post by 1957PRR »

I just do not understand why Remington will not offer the XP as a once a year small batch run. Offer a few complete guns in a few popular cartridges and also stripped actions.
Remington is not making a dime off of the after market sales and they are missing out on a all be it a niche market that there is still a desire for it. Remington still offers the Model 7 so they already have the base action for an XP. Everything is done on CNC so just an alteration to the milling codes for the magazine cut out is needed. I know industrial machining. It is not hard to do that. Less then an hour with the CAD program and the machining fixture does not need be altered. It is to me a no brainer.

I propose a mass email campaign from this organization’s forum and a couple other forums were XP lovers reside. Remingtons management can not be so narrow minded if several hundred or a thousand people email Remington every month, and I mean every one send an email every month until they listen and oblige us. This tactic works with other companies.
nutcase
Site Admin
IHMSA Member#: 42084

Post by nutcase »

1957PRR wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 2:35 am I just do not understand why Remington will not offer the XP as a once a year small batch run. Offer a few complete guns in a few popular cartridges and also stripped actions.
Remington is not making a dime off of the after market sales and they are missing out on a all be it a niche market that there is still a desire for it. Remington still offers the Model 7 so they already have the base action for an XP. Everything is done on CNC so just an alteration to the milling codes for the magazine cut out is needed. I know industrial machining. It is not hard to do that. Less then an hour with the CAD program and the machining fixture does not need be altered. It is to me a no brainer.

I propose a mass email campaign from this organization’s forum and a couple other forums were XP lovers reside. Remingtons management can not be so narrow minded if several hundred or a thousand people email Remington every month, and I mean every one send an email every month until they listen and oblige us. This tactic works with other companies.
actually, Remington does offer the XP but through the custom shop. but they start at $2,000+ and is based on the 40X action. you will only find it listed in the catalog.
Daniel Hagerty
IHMSA # 42084L
IHMSA News Editor - 2015-2017
.22 records Coordinator - Present
CA State Director - 2015-2019
Match Director, Stockton Silhouette club 1990-1995
NRA Patriot Endowment Life Member
United States of America
1957PRR
Target Setter

Post by 1957PRR »

The XP offered from the Rem. Custom Shop is not an XP.
It looks like a sawed off rifle.