Ruger Super Blackhawk Hunter

Fire, smoke & recoil whats not to love.
sjs
Target Setter
IHMSA Member#: 0

Ruger Super Blackhawk Hunter

Post by sjs »

I am thinking of trying my Ruger SBH Hunter in BB with iron sights. Before I go burning up a lot of ammo testing the sights I thought I would ask, if anyone has experience with them, how good are the Ruger iron sights for precise repeatability. Can I adjust them up and down and get the same results time after time?
United States of America
Nuclearmike
Target Painter
IHMSA Member#: 0

Re: Ruger Super Blackhawk Hunter

Post by Nuclearmike »

I would be interested in hearing about this as well. I'd really like to get into revolver BB and I have my eye on the FA silhouette but, they are hard to find and the wait is long to order one from the factory. In the interim I was thinking about a SBH or SRH. From what I have read the FA is the king as far as a ccuracy goes but, is the SBH that far behind?
User avatar United States of America
nutcase
Site Admin
IHMSA Member#: 42084

Re: Ruger Super Blackhawk Hunter

Post by nutcase »

I have owned 2 SBH's over the years and the sights repeated very well, but a little rough in elevation.

accuracy though varied a lot between the 2. one would shoot 2-2.5" groups all the time while the other could not hold an 8" bull at 100 yards. that one ended going back to the factory and was found to have a barrel that was .004" oversized in the bore. a new barrel fixed it.

BUT, I have heard the new SBH's are much better in specs and vary less than they did 20 years ago.

Have not tried a new one as I got lucky and got a Very accurate FA44.
Daniel Hagerty
IHMSA # 42084L
IHMSA News Editor - 2015-2017
.22 records Coordinator - Present
CA State Director - 2015-2019
Match Director, Stockton Silhouette club 1990-1995
NRA Patriot Endowment Life Member