Congratulations---Clint Johnson

Fire, smoke & recoil whats not to love.
United States of America
Richard Pickering
Class B
IHMSA Member#: 5905

Congratulations---Clint Johnson

Post by Richard Pickering »

Clint shot with us some years ago at Cherokee GC, Gainesville, Ga and Griffin GC, Griffin, Ga. Recently he mentioned he would like to shoot some. We located a 14'' 7-tcu barrel, a .22LR and a 10'' 223 barrel. He already had a 22 Hornet to use.
Saturday, Apr 22nd he was able to try out the 7-tcu at the Little River Gun Club (ok---The Junkyard). This is a UAS entry. We were able to pick up a scope last month so we needed a short ''paperwork'' session to get a 25yd zero. Assuming we needed the other three settings we shot a few sighters and proceeded to the firing line. The settings were close enough to use so he worked through the targets. Due to the wind the rams were clamped. Clint finished with 34x40 using the much respected RCBS 145 Silhouette bullet. Nicely done.
He spotted my UAS entry; a 10'' scoped 357Mag with cast bullets. I had two misses and posted 38. That was fun. Later he spotted my Practical Hunter entry; the FA44 Mag and cast bullets. We'll get some half scale next time. RP
I have served as assistant match director, Southern Silhouette club, 1980s. Also, the Griffin Gun Club for Silhouette during the 1990s, to about 2005. For a short period I authored the ''Cast Bullet'' section of The IHMSA News. Joined IHMSA March 1979.
User avatar United States of America
ole95
Class A
IHMSA Member#: 57528

Re: Congratulations---Clint Johnson

Post by ole95 »

Congrads to the both of you
As always I enjoyed the day on the line
With both you Clint and the rest of my Ga.
brothers and sisters
jrs
"ole78x80"
Life's easier when your only average
IHMSA #57528
Match director Backyard range 2013,2014
NRA
United States of America
jmoore
Class B
IHMSA Member#: 57653

Re: Congratulations---Clint Johnson

Post by jmoore »

Congratulations to Clint! And thanks for the report, RP. :ymapplause:

As a brand new BB UAS shooter who is also using the 7mm 145gr RCBS bullet, it been quite the eye opener for cast bullet capabilities! Completely different than the years of frustration with cast bullets in revolvers. ~x(

Happy to see new shooters and returning shooters.