Contender Forend

Fire, smoke & recoil whats not to love.
watercam
Target Setter
IHMSA Member#: 0

Contender Forend

Post by watercam »

Wondering about the forend on my Contender for Unlimited. It is a flat-bottom affair. I seem to remember a width criteria but can not find it in the rules on the IHMSA website. Is it less than 2" wide? Is the flat bottom 'contoured' for anatomical body support? Can and will reshape if that is what it needs.
Thanks,
Mike
User avatar United States of America
19 Turkeys
Class AA
IHMSA Member#: 33287

Re: Contender Forend

Post by 19 Turkeys »

watercam wrote:Wondering about the forend on my Contender for Unlimited. It is a flat-bottom affair. I seem to remember a width criteria but can not find it in the rules on the IHMSA website. Is it less than 2" wide? Is the flat bottom 'contoured' for anatomical body support? Can and will reshape if that is what it needs.
Thanks,
Mike
Hi Mike,

The width requirement was an NRA rule as I recall. Flat bottomed is OK. MOA has offered them for years in Production class. Also, BF has offered a Snabel shaped forend for a long time as well. It works well in Dead Frog.

Yours,

Steve W.
Past Match Director, JCSA - Grants Pass, OR
Past JCSA Board Member
IHMSA Life Member
Past Editor IHMSA News
Past Manager of IHMSA HQ West
NRA Patron

Due to recent cutbacks the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off.
Gleedaniel13
Target Setter

Post by Gleedaniel13 »

That was a nice reminder. :)
United States of America
260 Striker
Class AA

Post by 260 Striker »

Since it is for an Unlimited gun, I don't think it really matters as long as the gun makes weight. The MOA forend was also questioned since it had sharp front corners that people were accused of jamming the corner into their legs and using it for extra support. Lots of that controversy was for MOAs used in Production but that has died out now. The current flop position has also generated some weird forends for guns and those have been allowed.
Lynn Shultz
IHMSA #15692 since 1980
Past Match Director Logan Handgun Association
Current VP Logan Handgun Association
NRA Member
United States Air Force Veteran
Retired USAF Civil Servant (47 years)
937-407-4885