seville revolvers

Fire, smoke & recoil whats not to love.
wheelgun7360

seville revolvers

Post by wheelgun7360 »

anybody have a seville silhouette revolver? i saw a few of them in the 357 max in my younger days, but i bought a NIB old stock 357 and want to know about trigger pull, etc. thanks allen
Last edited by wheelgun7360 on Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
United States of America
260 Striker
Class AA
IHMSA Member#: 0

Re: seville revolvers

Post by 260 Striker »

I currently have a 375SM Seville. Had an earlier 375SM Seville that I actually bought and sold three times. Current owner won't sell it back to me so I went out and found my current 375SM with less than 50 rounds through it. I also had a 357SM El Dorado (aka Seville) made by the people in Chimney Rock, NC and sold it later. I used that gun to shoot Revolver class at one of our LHA matches and got a 38 but actually rang two rams using 180 grain bullets. Loaded it back up and used 200 grain bullets on rams next day and shot a 40 with it. Never got that gun to shoot cast bullets so sold it. Sevilles are great revolvers. Maybe not FA quality gut I prefer them over the two FAs that I have owned. Only issue I see is the rear sight is a little mushy for elevation adjustment but you just have to pay attention when adjusting the sights and then it is a non issue. Personally I think they are one of the best looking revolvers every made. Most are pretty accurate. My current 375SM is a keeper.

Trigger pull can be adjusted by thinning the finger that controls the trigger pull. Go slow and try often till you get the pull you like. Do NOT try bending the flat spring. Some people have even taken a thin leather or plastic washer and placed under the spring which also helps trigger pull. If you have worked a Ruger trigger you can get the Seville let off down to where you like it. Just go slow with any adjustments. If anything breaks, get in touch with Hamilton Bowen since he used Seville actions to build some of his magnum revolvers. I'm sure he can make replacement parts if needed. I only had one small part break in all the Sevilles I have owned and shot and think they are pretty durable.

Don't know if you shoot cast but will just have to try in your 357SM and find out if it likes lead.

Glad you found a NIB gun. I'm sure you will like it. Is it the silhouette model? Lynn
Lynn Shultz
IHMSA #15692 since 1980
Past Match Director Logan Handgun Association
Current VP Logan Handgun Association
NRA Member
United States Air Force Veteran
Retired USAF Civil Servant (47 years)
937-407-4885
wheelgun7360

Post by wheelgun7360 »

lynn, my seville is a 10.5" 357, not the max. it was made in tucson. i shot a buddy's seville in 357 max many years ago in a match. can't remember my score, but it was in the mid 30's. always said if i ever ran across a new one in 357 it would be mine. i know it won't be better than my previous FA'S, but got it a lot cheaper than a new FA. trigger should not be hard to work on. allen
United States of America
260 Striker
Class AA

Post by 260 Striker »

Allen, Hang onto that one. I don't think many long barreled Sevilles were made in the standard 357 Mag chambering. Most of the longer barreled guns were the Super Mags. I had a 10 1/2" Virginia Dragoon in 357 Mag years ago and should have kept it. It was very accurate with 200 grain cast bullets but I had to use 38 Special brass since the cylinder was too short to use standard mag brass. Le me know how yours shoots and if it likes cast bullets.
Lynn Shultz
IHMSA #15692 since 1980
Past Match Director Logan Handgun Association
Current VP Logan Handgun Association
NRA Member
United States Air Force Veteran
Retired USAF Civil Servant (47 years)
937-407-4885
United States of America
gibar
Class C

Post by gibar »

260 Striker wrote:Allen, Hang onto that one. I don't think many long barreled Sevilles were made in the standard 357 Mag chambering. Most of the longer barreled guns were the Super Mags. I had a 10 1/2" Virginia Dragoon in 357 Mag years ago and should have kept it. It was very accurate with 200 grain cast bullets but I had to use 38 Special brass since the cylinder was too short to use standard mag brass. Le me know how yours shoots and if it likes cast bullets.
I believe that was also mine at one time and like you should have kept it - along with the 375 Seville.
Join in 1978 IHMSA# 3109
NRA life
Former match director Miamisburg Sportsmen's Club
Former IHMSA Ohio State Director
Member OGCA
United States of America
braud357
Class A
IHMSA Member#: 13794

Post by braud357 »

Allen, when are you going to post a picture of that bad boy ??
IHMSA # 13794 Joined May, 1980
Match Director Ascension Silhouette Gonzales, LA 1991-2009
Louisiana IHMSA Deputy State Director 1983 - 1985
Louisiana IHMSA State Director 1995 - 2007, 2014 -
IHMSA Region 2 Director 2007 - 2009
Life Member - NRA
wheelgun7360

Post by wheelgun7360 »

philip, seville should be here next week. i'll post a pic or two when i pick it up. allen