STAINLESS LEVER GUN

Fire, smoke & recoil whats not to love.
americanjack1
Target Setter
IHMSA Member#: 0

STAINLESS LEVER GUN

Post by americanjack1 »

please help good god im loosing my mind i think please marlin cant be the top of the heap for a stainless 45-70 lever repeter im wanting a new 45-70 lever and the reviews on rossie and marlins are at best horrid can anyone point me in the right direction thanks
United States of America
Richard Pickering
Class B
IHMSA Member#: 5905

Re: STAINLESS LEVER GUN

Post by Richard Pickering »

Jack, Why would you not think Marlin is the ''top of the heap'' in Lever rifles ? OK, I guess one could make a case for the Browning lever. As for recently made rifles, remember a few years ago Marlin (as we knew it for many years) closed. It was bought by Remington and now the rifles are made in Ilion,NY and some call them ''RemLins''. All-stainless rifles haven't been around very long and you might see some that aren't as smooth as standard steel rifles.
I cant speak for every rifle, but in the case of Marlins, you probably wont get a nice crisp trigger that you once expected. In Marlins this is correctible by reading the steps on www.MarlinOwners.com . Mine of 2006 vintage had to have been over five lbs. I was able to bring it to 40 ozs. where I stopped.
I think you'll learn more at MarlinOwners than anywhere else concerning Lever Rifles. Richard
I have served as assistant match director, Southern Silhouette club, 1980s. Also, the Griffin Gun Club for Silhouette during the 1990s, to about 2005. For a short period I authored the ''Cast Bullet'' section of The IHMSA News. Joined IHMSA March 1979.
americanjack1
Target Setter
IHMSA Member#: 0

Re: STAINLESS LEVER GUN

Post by americanjack1 »

rp again not ment to put down marlins or any other i love how the marlins look and when working proper they work great but some of the personal online reviews scare the hell out of me i will go to the marlin owners site and look