Competitor cannon breech pistol

Fire, smoke & recoil whats not to love.
United States of America
jmoore
Class B
IHMSA Member#: 57653

Re: Competitor cannon breech pistol

Post by jmoore »

Was eyeballing that one on Gbroker recently, I think! Was a bit concerned about using that brake in creedmore position. At least without a blast shield!
Nunzio
Target Painter
IHMSA Member#: 0

Post by Nunzio »

It's the only one I've seen recently with the brake, so possibly the same one. The brake really isn't necessary on the TCU but it is cool to see the fireball..lol. I no longer compete so don't have to worry about Creedmoor. The fellow I got it from was great to deal with, I'm hoping he can find me a nice MOA.
Nunzio
Target Painter

Post by Nunzio »

hairtrigger was kind enough to send me docs for the Competitor, among which were instructions for adjusting the trigger. I'm reluctant to knock out the two stock inserts that hold the trigger mechanism in for fear of damaging the stock. I just want to adjust overtravel and maybe pull weight but there's a thin sheet metal looking plate over the innards. Looks like it can be pried out but will be damaged in the process. Anyone done it or have experience adjusting the Competitor's trigger. I don't want to tamper with the sear engagement or anything else. Is the cover plate necessary or can it be done away with? Thanks!!
United States of America
hairtrigger
Target Setter

Post by hairtrigger »

Thanks for posting pics!
Good looking guns
I would love a Wichita but in a woodchuck caliber
Nunzio
Target Painter

Post by Nunzio »

Kind of a fun story behind the Wichita. My range buddy and I were talking about the good old days when we could get into Creedmoor position and shoot a match. He said he'd wish he'd have bought mine when I sold it 30 or so years ago. I got to lusting after another one and began searching out Gun Broker. Well, believe it or not, I found my gun up for sale and contacted the seller. It has a s.n. that's the same 3 digits and I recognized it right away. Don't know how many other owners it's had in 30 years but she's back home now and going to stay. It was originally a full length 243 and a real hoot at matches. Kind of disappointing there's not much, if any, activity in my neck of the woods any more, I'd like to try it again.
United States of America
hairtrigger
Target Setter

Post by hairtrigger »

Error on my part
Nunzio
Target Painter

Post by Nunzio »

hairtrigger wrote:Error on my part
No habla??
Pyotr K
Target Setter

Post by Pyotr K »

I, too, need a manual for my recent purchase... an example in 6.8SPC which belonged to, of all people, James Earl Jones!