Seeking So. Calif. Trainer

AK, CA, MT, OR, WA
User avatar United States of America
Trad Bowman
Target Setter
IHMSA Member#: 0

Seeking So. Calif. Trainer

Post by Trad Bowman »

I have recently acquired a Glock 40 MOS (10mm) and got a Deltapoint Pro 2.5 optic w/ Hawkins tritium night sights to co-witness. I am a stickbow hunter and this will be my sidearm in areas where BooBoo may view me as the other white meat.

I am seeking handgun training so I can shoot this weapon effectively to 100 yards, maybe more but that seems like a dream right now. I just don't wanna rely on arrows or spray when I'm dropped into the Alaskan Brooks Range. As a subject in the People's Republik of Mexiforniastan I am having difficulty locating trainers that can hit shit at 100 yards with a pistol...you guys are my last hope. I'm about to turn 60, have training and carried CCW for years (which is not long distance) so I have muzzle control and am not a safety risk. I will also be carrying a S&W 329PD in .44 on my belt with because I believe the ole adage: Two is one, one is none." That particular hand cannon would be strictly for close quarters. If I am being charged from a distance in the open, I wanna get shots off at a distance if possible...though the odds are against this.

So...anybody wanna give he me a hand or refer me to someone?

User avatar United States of America
dwostler
Class C
IHMSA Member#: 55125

Re: Seeking So. Calif. Trainer

Post by dwostler »

Contact us here at The Los Angeles Silhouette Club (LASC) at this website:

www.shootingsteel.com

Sorry we didn't get to see this sooner, but better late than never. Come visit us when they open the state back up.

You can at least talk with people that regularly shoot to 200 meters and also have a place to try and hone your skills.

You might even like it.

Thanks, Dennis O.