Class A
IHMSA Member#: 13263

2021 State Championship write up

Post by JACKIE40X40 »

Match Write-up
2021 Oklahoma State IHMSA Championship
June 3rd, 4th,5th & 6th
(By Jim Fields Match Director)
With the weather co-operating with cool temperatures & light winds, our state match was a huge success with 227 total entries. We had some rain leading up to this match & luckily it shut down just in time, only one 15 minute rain delay on Sunday.
Some great scores were shot, but the good news was everyone had a great time shooting steel no matter what their score was.
The cook-out on Saturday evening was great with Bill Focht & crew doing the honors with the hamburgers & brauts. Debbie Tessman as normal, prepared our noon meals. We couldn’t get along without Deb.
We had a total of 77 (not a typo) perfect 40x40's shot in this match which was a record I’m sure for a 40 round state match. Light winds all 4 days contributed to that total no doubt. In BB, (23) SB (30) PH Short (5) PH Long (3) PH SB (10) AIR (6)
John Richards from Minnesota won the Iron Man trophy with an eight-gun total of 280, & also shot the only 40x40 in BB production, great shooting John, we appreciate you attending our match.
Rick Feller shooting an Anschutz won his first ever state championship in UAS smallbore shoot-off with a 40x40+8, Rick also won the PH-Short-Red Dot BB revolver class, great shooting Rick. Ronnie Wolfe won his first state championship, winning the shoot-off in PH-SB, 40x40+4.
Debby Tessman won high lady with a SB-UAS score of 40x40+4, & a BB high lady with a 38x40, great shooting Deb.
John Weaver won the 500-meter scope trophy with a fine score of 39x40+ five ½ scale rams & a half scale turkey at 300 meters. He also won the BB revolver shoot-off with a score of 38x40+4 ½ sale rams at 200 meters. Roy Focht won the 500 meter iron-sight match with a 36x40 Roy shot a total of thirteen 40x40’s in this match which I’m sure is also a record. Our hats are off to you Roy.
We appreciate all of our out-of-state shooters who attended our match, you know who you are & we look forward to you shooting at our club in the future.
We had door prizes from Cabelas Outdoor & I think everyone won something. Woody Liddell won the Weaver 6x24 scope
Our appreciation goes to Mike Bassett our local gun smith, who donated a walnut stock blank which Roy Focht won in a drawing
Our target setters did a great job of moving the match along all four days, thanks guys & gals, my thanks also go to all who helped me make this match a total success, including my co-match director Jim Myers & his wife Jan who entered scores in the computer all four days. Roger Arnes calling the line & Jim Meyers for trouble shooting our auto-reset system, which we have had very few problems with since we installed it 8 years ago. Can't imagine holding a match without this system as we did for many, many years.
We averaged thirty-two (32) relays per day during this 4-day state match, WOW!!!! That is a bunch of relays per day, thanks to our wireless auto-reset system.
The IHMSA World Championship is scheduled for next month, July 16th thru the 24th Make plans for that one for sure. This will be the 8th time OKC Gun Club has hosted this event. Banquet is on Monday, Julu 19th in our main clubhouse.
Remember our South Central Regional 60 round Championship match coming up September 30th, October 1-2-3. We are going to host an AR-15 Steel Plate Challenge match on Wednesday, the day before, the regional starts, so make plans to shoot in that one also. Takes approximately 100 rounds of ammo if you shoot all three 20 round disciplines, try it it's great fun. We shoot this AR match at OKCGC the last Saturday of each month March thru November.
See all the results accompanying this article.
Shoot safe, shoot straight & see you at the next match.