April match at OKCGC

AR, KS, MO, NM, OK, TX
User avatar United States of America
JACKIE40X40
Class A
IHMSA Member#: 13263

April match at OKCGC

Post by JACKIE40X40 »

April 3 is our regularly scheduled match for the 2016 season.Come join us! Weather suppose to be in the 70's with 14 mph winds.We always have an all you can eat lunch for $3.oo.We have RV hook ups,and restrooms with showers.Plenty of space for campers.The range is about 6 miles from Edmond,plenty of nice motels and restaurants if you need them. :ymhug:
JACKIE40X40
Class A

Re: April match at OKCGC

Post by JACKIE40X40 »

tonedaddy wrote:Please post results after, have fun! :)
Yes sir,I plan to do all the match scores.I would like to see Craig Eagle name posted. :D
JACKIE40X40
Class A

Post by JACKIE40X40 »

tonedaddy wrote:
JACKIE40X40 wrote:
tonedaddy wrote:Please post results after, have fun! :)
Yes sir,I plan to do all the match scores.I would like to see Craig Eagle name posted. :D
Maybe just maybe, I will be at the Ints! :D :D
I hope so.
hardtoseeovergut
Class B
IHMSA Member#: 57702

Post by hardtoseeovergut »

tonedaddy wrote:Are you going to have dividers up between positions on big bore for those of us who don't like tank brakes? :-\
That is the make or break question for us! I have severe disdain for howitzer brakes and my daughter hates, loathes, abhors and despises them!
Told wife she's lucky IHMSA is my mid life crisis, it's cheaper than a Corvette or chasing younger women!

Region 3 Sucker, nobody else wanted the job!
JACKIE40X40
Class A

Post by JACKIE40X40 »

tonedaddy wrote:Are you going to have dividers up between positions on big bore for those of us who don't like tank brakes? :-\
Absolutely! We have portable ones that can be positioned to fit your needs,and we have plenty of them.
IKE
Target Painter
IHMSA Member#: 48226

Post by IKE »

hardtoseeovergut wrote:
That is the make or break question for us! I have severe disdain for howitzer brakes and my daughter hates, loathes, abhors and despises them!
Between my bad back and other issues I haven't competed since 2008 but I do plan to shoot in a few matches this year, I have gone to a few matches since 2008 for 1/2 hour or so just to spectate from the sidelines.

What I've noticed is that guns with brakes are much, much more prevalent now than they were when I was competing on a regular basis and when I was a match director.

I do not like and wouldn't shoot next to a brake shooter back when I was competing but now that there are so many guns with brakes it would be pretty hard to not have a brake on one side or the other if not both sides.

I do realize that brakes are completely legal and that members are totally within their rights to install brakes if they wish, just as members that dislike shooting next to brakes have the option to no longer compete in the sport.

I'm sure some shooters find a way to tone out brakes while others can't......I wonder if we've actually lost any shooters in the sport because of brakes ?

Jackie how effective are the dividers / partitions between shooters ?......could you or someone post a picture of the firing line with them in use ?

Ike
IHMSA # 48226.
Match Dir. Tri-City Gun Club 2000-2004.
NRA Range Safety Officer.
Vietnam veteran.
JACKIE40X40
Class A

Post by JACKIE40X40 »

IKE wrote:
hardtoseeovergut wrote:
Between my bad back and other issues I haven't competed since 2008 but I do plan to shoot in a few matches this year, I have gone to a few matches since 2008 for 1/2 hour or so just to spectate from the sidelines.

What I've noticed is that guns with brakes are much, much more prevalent now than they were when I was competing on a regular basis and when I was a match director.

I do not like and wouldn't shoot next to a brake shooter back when I was competing but now that there are so many guns with brakes it would be pretty hard to not have a brake on one side or the other if not both sides.

I do realize that brakes are completely legal and that members are totally within there rights to install brakes if they wish, just as members that dislike shooting next to brakes have the option to no longer compete in the sport.

I'm sure some shooters can tone out brakes while others can't......I wonder if we've actually lost any shooters in the sport because of brakes ?

Jackie how effective are the dividers / partitions between shooters ?......could you or someone post a picture of the firing line with them in use ?
Good morning Ike.
Muzzle brake have been used as far back as early 80's in Oklahoma,as a member that has competed side by side with shooters that use muzzle brakes,honestly I never notice them,I rearly use a divider.If I do my part I never hear the shooter next to me.As far as the "tank Brake" goes! My first hand experience was at Tusco's 2002 Championship! The man next to me had a 30/30 Contender with a stock carved like a tank,Yes Sir I noticed it! The only difference that I notice now is a puff of exhausted air from the brake.
The noise level can't be any worst shooting next to a shooter back when we all had 308's,and a full load of H335!
I remember shooting next Jimmy Mitchell's XP 358 and waiting to time my next shot.
OKCG has as many or more shooter as most gun clubs anywhere,because we have changed to the flop position,shooters have realized that it works.Especially for us old guys"with bad necks and backs". if I had to back to any other position I would have to quit all together. **==
Ike send me your Email address,I'll send you a video of Jim Fields 12 year old Grandson Ryan, shooting his first 80x80.
Pay attention to the recoil and the effect of the tank brake,it shows the deviders.
jackie40x40@cox.net
Ike
United States of America
260 Striker
Class AA
IHMSA Member#: 0

Post by 260 Striker »

Jackie, Could you post the video of Jim's grandson in the Range Rambling or at least a link to the video? I think a lot of us old timers would like to see that. Our Junior and much younger shooters are the future of IHMSA and I always enjoy seeing the younger shooters participate in our sport especially when they shoot perfect scores. Oooh to have good eyes and steady hands again!!!!
Lynn Shultz
IHMSA #15692 since 1980
Past Match Director Logan Handgun Association
Current VP Logan Handgun Association
NRA Member
United States Air Force Veteran
Retired USAF Civil Servant (47 years)
937-407-4885
IKE
Target Painter
IHMSA Member#: 48226

Post by IKE »

Email sent Jackie.
IHMSA # 48226.
Match Dir. Tri-City Gun Club 2000-2004.
NRA Range Safety Officer.
Vietnam veteran.
JACKIE40X40
Class A

Post by JACKIE40X40 »

260 Striker wrote:Jackie, Could you post the video of Jim's grandson in the Range Rambling or at least a link to the video? I think a lot of us old timers would like to see that. Our Junior and much younger shooters are the future of IHMSA and I always enjoy seeing the younger shooters participate in our sport especially when they shoot perfect scores. Oooh to have good eyes and steady hands again!!!!
Sorry 260 Striker can't download the video :(