places to shoot in texas

AR, KS, MO, NM, OK, TX
United States of America
jsmoyer05
Target Setter
IHMSA Member#: 0

places to shoot in texas

Post by jsmoyer05 »

hello name is Jarred new to the forum and i am looking for a place to shoot silhouttes in or close to Wichita Falls Tx. I went up to OK for the world champ match which isnt to far away however the range fees are outrageous there. I have a local range here which is 5 miles away but there are no provisions for shooting sillwets there. I am going to be cutting out half size plates this weekend for me to take back and forth to the range but i would really like to have a place to go shoot some matches if possible. I have never actually shot silhouttes before but have taken a huge interest in it after seeing what its all about. I have a contender with 7x30 waters 30 herrett 32-20 and 223 so i can shoot most of the divisions but for now i am most interested in the firld pistol course with the little 32-20. Please let me knowif you know of any places to shoot and possibly the name of the gun range or contact information would be fantastic. Thank you in advance.
User avatar United States of America
JACKIE40X40
Class A
IHMSA Member#: 13263

Re: places to shoot in texas

Post by JACKIE40X40 »

Hi,if you can`t find enough ranges in Texas,since you have already shot at OKC gun club,your sure welcome too shoot with us again.That fee was charged for the world championship.
We shoot the first Sunday of the month,you can shoot as many guns as you want for $40.00 one flat fee, or $10.00 per entry,you know we offer all the divisions.
We have a lunch break around noon to give the target setters a break, we offer lunch for $3.00 with drink. Jackie **==
Last edited by JACKIE40X40 on Sun Aug 03, 2014 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hosspower
Class B
IHMSA Member#: 57696

Post by Hosspower »

Hello Jarred. Did the PDF's I emailed of the silhouettes work out for you?

I hope you can find a range. It's a lot of fun. I started 3 months ago. Tomorrow is my 3rd match. I'm on my way to pull guns out of the safe for tomorrow. Leaving the house by 6:30. I've got a 2.5 hour drive.

I only hear good things about the OKC range. $40 flat fee for a day of shooting is a good deal.

Your T/C in 32-20 should do real well in field pistol. The 7-30 would have no problem with the big bore targets.
United States of America
MetalCutter
Spotter
IHMSA Member#: 35804

Post by MetalCutter »

Where in Texas are you located? There are matches held near Houston, Brazoria, New Braunfels, Sweetwater and (I think?) Beaumont. The Dallas/Ft. Worth area and Austin have some NRA Hunter Pistol matches. Let me know and I'll put you in touch.

Cheers,
John
No job is so simple that it cannot be done incorrectly.
United States of America
jsmoyer05
Target Setter

Post by jsmoyer05 »

Hosspower wrote:Hello Jarred. Did the PDF's I emailed of the silhouettes work out for you?

I hope you can find a range. It's a lot of fun. I started 3 months ago. Tomorrow is my 3rd match. I'm on my way to pull guns out of the safe for tomorrow. Leaving the house by 6:30. I've got a 2.5 hour drive.

I only hear good things about the OKC range. $40 flat fee for a day of shooting is a good deal.

Your T/C in 32-20 should do real well in field pistol. The 7-30 would have no problem with the big bore targets.

yes i got the PDF just fine and it looks like OK would be the best place to shoot its a very nice range with a good group of people so i will have to get in on it.
United States of America
jsmoyer05
Target Setter

Post by jsmoyer05 »

MetalCutter wrote:Where in Texas are you located? There are matches held near Houston, Brazoria, New Braunfels, Sweetwater and (I think?) Beaumont. The Dallas/Ft. Worth area and Austin have some NRA Hunter Pistol matches. Let me know and I'll put you in touch.

Cheers,
John

I am in Wichita Falls Tx pretty much right on the OK border dallas fortworth isnt too far away could you direct me to the area where i could shoot there that would be great. Thanks
United States of America
MetalCutter
Spotter
IHMSA Member#: 35804

Post by MetalCutter »

The Dallas/Ft. Worth Matches are held at the Haltom City Gun Club.

Tim Lee would be a good contact for Texas NRA matches: Tim Lee <tim.lee@sbcglobal.net>

http://www.haltomcityrpc.org/pistolsilhouette.html

Good Shooting,
John
No job is so simple that it cannot be done incorrectly.