Last NRA Metallic Silhouette rim-fire rifle match of 2015

AL, FL, GA, KY, LA, MD, MS, NC, SC, TN, VA, WV
dragoslav
Target Setter
IHMSA Member#: 48855

Last NRA Metallic Silhouette rim-fire rifle match of 2015

Post by dragoslav »

It is NOT IHMSA match but we let you shoot handguns (rim-fire) at the 1/2 scale animals............................Heck, if you are up to it you can shoot at the 1/5 scale critters too; but they are at 40, 60, 77, and 100 meters.

http://pascagoulashootingclub.com/psc/?page_id=45

Come to the Pascagoula DCM Shooting Club on Saturday November 21st at 9 am for the last NRA Metallic Silhouette rim-fire rifle match of 2015.
The set up has ½ scale and 1/5 scale and you can shoot with scope, iron sights, and even hand guns.
On I 10, at the Mississippi / Alabama border exit south on Franklin Creek Road, cross US 90, and when Franklin Creek Rd becomes Pecan Rood look to your left for a RR crossing. Cross the tracks and immediately to your right is Bayou Heron Rd. drive to past a large and ugly building [Grand Bay National Estuarine Research Center] and look on your left for the range entrance.
dragoslav
Target Setter
IHMSA Member#: 48855

Re: Last NRA Metallic Silhouette rim-fire rifle match of 201

Post by dragoslav »

It was a pleasant outing, no wind, 71F, and overcast; aside from my rifle I took a TC Contender Super-14 with 7X LER scope and that was good because four new shooters (young ones, too) showed up and thoroughly liked the rifle match. Being the consummate sales-man I let them shoot the TC at the 1/2 scale 'critters' and gave them the IHMSA web page as well as the web page for the IHMSA club in Pensacola. Who knows, they might look us up.
I will tell you what is disheartening, when you go to gun shows and mention that you are looking for metallic silhouette pistols and the dealers look at you and say..."do people still shoot that crap; that is soooooooo 70's"...............