Black Creek South Carolina

AL, FL, GA, KY, LA, MD, MS, NC, SC, TN, VA, WV
DaveC
Spotter
IHMSA Member#: 55835

Black Creek South Carolina

Post by DaveC »

I want to thank everyone at Black Creek in South Carolina for a great time this weekend. :D I drove over to Martinez, Ga. to meet Robert Walker and we attended part of the South Carolina State Match on Saturday, Robert and I each shot three entries. Very nice people and a super range - I plan to go more often even though it’s 280 miles each way.

All of my entries were shot with my Savage 30br and I have to say that I couldn’t be happier with how that pistol turned out. I haven’t had a chance to coronagraph this load, my calculations say about 2,600/fps using 100gr bullets and Robert said it blows the rams off the rail but still doesn’t damage chickens (it’s hard to spot hits it just evaporates on chickens and pigs). Shooting UHS the load needed two ¼-MOA clicks for each animal (pigs +2, Turkeys +2, Rams +2) (%)
User avatar United States of America
AtomicDogg
Class B
IHMSA Member#: 49169

Re: Black Creek South Carolina

Post by AtomicDogg »

Just to add my 2₵; It was a very enjoyable trip with Dave C. and the Black Creek Gun Club folks; just sorry I was unable to stay and spend a little more time for this two-day event. Really enjoyed the shooting, as usual; I was able to get in 3 guns before leaving. Dave and I shot without spotting, which is why we were able to get in three guns each. That little 100 gr. Lapua Hollow Point Cutting Edge bullet is an amazing bullet; for just 100 grs. it has a long bearing surface due to the nose being hollow all the way back to where the 0.308 diameter begins, this might be the ogive. Since being introduced to this bullet by Dave, I have adopted it for my Field Pistol gun [MOA in 30-20 Win].
Black Creek has done some tremendous improvement to this range over the last year......it was a good range to begin with, but is now much better.
I plan on continuing my visits next season
Robert L. Walker
Co Match Director, LRGC - Lincolnton, GA
Past Region 2 Director
Past Georgia State Director
NRA Life Member
IHMSA Life Member
Georgia Website Keeper