FL IHMSA

AL, FL, GA, KY, LA, MD, MS, NC, SC, TN, VA, WV
Smithracer
Target Setter
IHMSA Member#: 55517

FL IHMSA

Post by Smithracer »

Ok so I recently moved to FL from Texas. Looking for places to shoot,name's of clubs etc.I lived outside Dallas and my closest range was 3hrs away in OK city with Jim Fields. So now I'm looking for places to shoot here in FL.
Thanks,Link
User avatar United States of America
19 Turkeys
Class AA
IHMSA Member#: 33287

Re: FL IHMSA

Post by 19 Turkeys »

Pensacola, Brooksville & Arcadia. Go to http://www.ihmsa.org and click on "Match Schedule" to obtain contact information.

Steve W.
Past Match Director, JCSA - Grants Pass, OR
Past JCSA Board Member
IHMSA Life Member
Past Editor IHMSA News
Past Manager of IHMSA HQ West
NRA Patron

Due to recent cutbacks the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off.
Smithracer
Target Setter

Post by Smithracer »

Well that was silly of me as I just checked the match schedule page and found what I was looking for (duh). Looks like the range in Arcadia (2.5 hrs) and Geneva (3hrs) are the closest to me.Those of you that have shot at these 2 clubs please chime in with your opinions.
Thanks,Link
high standard 40
Class A
IHMSA Member#: 11568

Post by high standard 40 »

I have heard that Pensacola will no longer be offering Big Bore. They will continue with other categories. Best to check with them for details.
IHMSA Member since 1980
Former Match Director Baton Rouge Silhouette Club
Current Match Director Ascension Silhouette
Current Match Director Saline Creek Silhouette
Current Match Director Top Shot Silhouette
NRA Life Member
NRA Range Safety Officer
Class C
IHMSA Member#: 57229

Post by 686 »

Hi and welcome to Fl. I am the match director at the Arcadia IHMSA range. We would like you to check us out. Not to turn you off let me tell you a little about our range. We are set up for only one shooter at a time. We keep the targets in one place and we move our shooting table back to the different distances. Each shooter shoots the chickens then we move back to the pigs, and so on We start at 9am and if we have 5-7 shooters it last till about 2pm. We only have time for one gun to shoot. We are die hards. Give me a call and i can tell you more 941 380 5380 .
I have been to the range at genava near sanforf fl. I wish it was closer. it is 3 hrs for me. i have only been to 4 other ranges and there range is the nicest i have seen. 2 banks bb , 1 bank 1/2 scale, 2 banks sb, 1 bank 1/5 scale, 1 bank fiels pistol . they shoot off tables and could have 6 shooters shooting bb at the same time. they had fun in the sun or something like that 2-3 yrs. a big match, i think a 60 rd. i wish they would have it again.
Where in Fl. did you move too ? have a good day Charles
35isit
State Director
IHMSA Member#: 36827

Post by 35isit »

Link, Depending on which way you are 3 hours from Geneva, you may be only 3 hours or so from Lincolnton Ga. You didn't give an area you moved to. I know a couple of the guys from Lincolnton run down to Geneva and shoot during the winter.

You will like Geneva. It's just north of Orlando. A nice bunch of guys to shoot with. I shot their Shoot The Sun Match 3 times I think. You will also be a member of Region II also. Hope you and your dad make the ECC this year.
Greg
Life Member of N.R.A.
80X80 7/27/2010
Ky State Director
Smithracer
Target Setter

Post by Smithracer »

I moved to Coral Springs,North of Ft. Lauderdale.
Is Geneva still shooting I only see one club listed on the match schedule for Florida?
k9rv
Target Setter
IHMSA Member#: 55571

Post by k9rv »

The Geneva club is active in all disciplines, except air. We shoot on the Saturday after the
first Sunday. The club is called SCGAA and has a website for directions, etc.
I live in Melbourne, Fl. and it takes me about 1.5 to 2 hours to get to the range from home.

If you shoot air silhouette, we shoot it at Port Malabar Rifle and Pistol Club in Palm Bay.
That is tomorrow, or the third Saturday of the month, NRA Hunters Pistol style. This is
called USIS in the IHMSA game.

Also, the Chuluota club shoots NRA Hunters Pistol on the second Sunday of the month.
That is very similar to IHMSA Field Pistol only chickens at 40 meters. They shoot
both a centerfire and a rimfire match. They start at 9:00.
Hope to see you at one of these matches.

Jerry
k9rv
Target Setter
IHMSA Member#: 55571

Post by k9rv »

The IHMSA match at the SCGAA Range, Geneva, is alive and well. We shoot on the Saturday following the first Sunday
starting at 9:00 A.M. We shoot all disciplines except air at Geneva. Similar to the Northern ranges closing in winter
for cold weather, we shut down in the summer for the hot weather, so no matches in July, August and September.
Contact me off the forum for further directions, etc. Also, the club has a web site for other information.

If you like field pistol, you can shoot the NRA equivalent on the second Sunday just east of Orlando at Chuluota.
The Port Malabar Rifle and Pistol Club offers the NRA equivalent of air silhouettes as well. This match is equivalent
to USIS and UAS in IHMSA.

There are many ways to shoot steel in central Florida.

Jerry
Smithracer
Target Setter

Post by Smithracer »

Jerry thanks for the info,I'm trying to get to a match soon.My right finger is itching badly.

Work seems to get in the way of my hobbies lately.