Georgia

Post by AtomicDogg »

Little River Gun Club
3333 C. E. Norman Rd.
Lincolnton, GA 30817
http://www.knology.net/~gaihmsa

Robert L. Walker - Co-Match Director
Melvin Calliham - Co-Match Director
Last edited by AtomicDogg on Sun Feb 06, 2011 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Robert L. Walker
Co Match Director, LRGC - Lincolnton, GA
Past Region 2 Director
Past Georgia State Director
NRA Life Member
IHMSA Life Member
Georgia Website Keeper
United States of America
Richard Pickering
Class B
IHMSA Member#: 5905

Re: GEORGIA

Post by Richard Pickering »

I'm going to post for the Cherokee Gun Club because Ron Dixon doesnt frequent these forums.
The Cherokee Club is a few miles south of Gainesville, Ga. Gainesville is about 50mi northeast of Atlanta.
The address is 1700 Candler Rd, which is also Ga hwy 60. Driving instructions and the match schedule are at www.knology.net/~gaihmsa
Cherokee hosts Smallbore and Field Pistol and occasionally air pistol. Presently no big bore at this range. Thanks to Ron and Sherri and the club, it is equipped with string pull reset targets. Lunch is served and it is well recieved. To attend IHMSA matches you need not be a member of Cherokee GC.
I have served as assistant match director, Southern Silhouette club, 1980s. Also, the Griffin Gun Club for Silhouette during the 1990s, to about 2005. For a short period I authored the ''Cast Bullet'' section of The IHMSA News. Joined IHMSA March 1979.
User avatar United States of America
AtomicDogg
Class B
IHMSA Member#: 49169

Georgia Match Results

Post by AtomicDogg »

All match results for Cherokee Gun Club [Gainesville, GA] and Little River Gun Club [Lincolnton, GA] are posted on the Georgia website and can be viewed by clicking on the "Match Results" button [left side of page]. http://www.knology.net/~gaihmsa
Robert L. Walker
Past Region 2 Director
NRA Life Member
IHMSA Life Member
Georgia Website Keeper
United States of America
Richard Pickering
Class B
IHMSA Member#: 5905

Re: Georgia

Post by Richard Pickering »

At the July Little River Gun Club match, the ambient temperature was hot. It was hot in the Standing competition, too. Atomic Dogg, Robert Walker, posted a score of 34. That's a personal best and a score that tall doesnt happen often. Congratulations Robert. Did I mention he posted a 33 in Standing at the Cherokee rimfire match earlier this month ? rp
I have served as assistant match director, Southern Silhouette club, 1980s. Also, the Griffin Gun Club for Silhouette during the 1990s, to about 2005. For a short period I authored the ''Cast Bullet'' section of The IHMSA News. Joined IHMSA March 1979.
DaveC
Spotter
IHMSA Member#: 55835

Happy 2015 -- The year of the Ram

Post by DaveC »

The 2015 season is just around the corner and I'm looking forward to seeing everyone again. I have two new XP's in the works, although I'm not at all sure why since the 30BR Savage exceeds all my expectations for BB and Half-Scale. I accidentally bought another 7BR, it was on consignment for 2 years I made an offer a year ago and they called my bluff in December, and I'm having a 223 I traded for last year rebarreled in 221 Fireball.

I plan to see everyone at Sherry's place (she just lets Ron tag along) soon. \:D/
AtomicDogg
Class B
IHMSA Member#: 49169

Post by AtomicDogg »

Dave,
We could see you sooner; we are hoping the weather will cooperate the 4th weekend on Jan. for a Practice Match at LRGC
Robert L. Walker
Past Region 2 Director
NRA Life Member
IHMSA Life Member
Georgia Website Keeper
United States of America
StandingTall
Target Setter
IHMSA Member#: 0

Post by StandingTall »

I live in Grovetown and currently am active in SB Rifle Metallic Silhouette. I may be purchasing a SB pistol and would like to participate at the matches at LRGC. My question is this:

If I purchase a Ruger Charger and add a pistol scope, what category would I be shooting in? Any info you folks can give me will be helpful.

Thank you.
ole95
Class A
IHMSA Member#: 57528

Post by ole95 »

When I shot my Charger with scope I shot unlimited any sight more commonly called SB UAS you could also shoot it in 1/5 scale UAS. FS UAS . Not a 100% sure but maybe even unlimited standing. US
jrs
"ole78x80"
Life's easier when your only average
IHMSA #57528
Match director Backyard range 2013,2014
NRA
United States of America
260 Striker
Class AA
IHMSA Member#: 0

Post by 260 Striker »

Ole95 is right. For regular .22 targets (SB), you can use any safe shooting position in Unlimited Any Sight (UAS) and then shoot standing in Unlimited Standing (US). If the range you attend offers 1/5 scale (FS), then you can shoot the same two categories at the much smaller 1/5 scale targets. The Ruger Charger has proven to be very competitive in IHMSA SB and FS competition. I think you will find handgun silhouette shooting much more challenging than small bore rifle shooting.
Lynn Shultz
IHMSA #15692 since 1980
Past Match Director Logan Handgun Association
Current VP Logan Handgun Association
NRA Member
United States Air Force Veteran
Retired USAF Civil Servant (47 years)
937-407-4885
DaveC
Spotter
IHMSA Member#: 55835

Post by DaveC »

Of course a Charger won this years Georgia UAS Championship.

I shoot my Charger in Unlimited, Unlimited 1/5 scale, Unlimited Any Sight, UAS 1/5 scale. So you can spend all day shooting one gun if you like. At Cherokee they have a club gun that anyone can shoot in a match, it has a trigger job but otherwise is stock and folks shoot 40's with it from bi-pods all the time.

PS: Old95 and I both shoot using rifle scopes although others shoot using pistol scopes.