Atlanta (North Atlanta) eye doctor GUN friendly needed

AL, FL, GA, KY, LA, MD, MS, NC, SC, TN, VA, WV
United States of America
kdiver58
Target Setter
IHMSA Member#: 57767

Atlanta (North Atlanta) eye doctor GUN friendly needed

Post by kdiver58 »

Right now my aging vision is becoming the limiting factor shooting Big Bore. Does anyone have a gun friendly doctor that will allow me to bring my xp-100 in ?
United States of America
260 Striker
Class AA
IHMSA Member#: 0

Re: Atlanta (North Atlanta) eye doctor GUN friendly needed

Post by 260 Striker »

Years ago when I needed glasses I asked my optometrist about a separate pair with a different focal point for shooting. He said he had trap shooters asking to move the focal point higher for their trap guns. I told him I needed just the opposite since I laid down when I shot. He did not understand and then offered to allow me to bring one of my silhouette guns to his office so he could see what I was talking about. I took the cylinder out of my Ruger Super Blackhawk and took it to my next visit. The doctor took me out in a public hallway and had me lay down in Creedmoor position right in front of about 15 people. He then laid down of the floor and looked back over the sights of my gun and made a mark on the lens of my current glasses. When we checked the difference between the mark and the normal focal point it only amounted to one millimeter. Of course that may be different for other people. He is a really cool doctor!!!!! I later had cateracts removed and the new lenses were made for distance vision which now allows me to see sights and targets again. Now I just need glasses for up close stuff. I would suggest you remove the bolt from your XP if you take it to a doctor so everyone can see the gun has been disabled. Hope you can find someone to help you see sights again.
Lynn Shultz
IHMSA #15692 since 1980
Past Match Director Logan Handgun Association
Current VP Logan Handgun Association
NRA Member
United States Air Force Veteran
Retired USAF Civil Servant (47 years)
937-407-4885
United States of America
kdiver58
Target Setter
IHMSA Member#: 57767

Post by kdiver58 »

i sent several emails , no replies , I even told them I would remove the bolt and pass a cord through the bore and breach ..
United States of America
260 Striker
Class AA
IHMSA Member#: 0

Post by 260 Striker »

I had gone to my eye doctor for years so he trusted me. If you are trying to find a new doctor then you may have to search for a while. I'm sure you can find one that will help you out.
Lynn Shultz
IHMSA #15692 since 1980
Past Match Director Logan Handgun Association
Current VP Logan Handgun Association
NRA Member
United States Air Force Veteran
Retired USAF Civil Servant (47 years)
937-407-4885