establish a match

CT, MA, MA, NH, NY, NJ, RI, VT
nycshooter
Target Setter
IHMSA Member#: 57430

establish a match

Post by nycshooter »

Hi, I don't see any matches in this region. I have been directing an NRA BB/SB Hunters' Pistol Match at my local club for several years. What is the procedure to establish an IHMSA Match at my club?
User avatar United States of America
19 Turkeys
Class AA
IHMSA Member#: 33287

Re: establish a match

Post by 19 Turkeys »

Shooting a duel sanctioned match is fairly easy. You will need to contact your state director to have your range approved. If you do not have one (I don't know the status of your state director listed in the IHMSA News), I suggest you contact your region director. I have sent you a private message with the contact information for both.

Once your range is approved, contact Lorene at headquarters. If you go to http://www.ihmsa.org and click on the contact tab you'll find her email address, mailing address & phone number. IHMSA will supply you with all match materials free of charge. All you pay is $1.00 per entry when you file your match report.

I highly recommend you visit http://www.orchidsoftware.com and download the free IHMSA match software. It will generate the match recap form which is what you use to pay the $1.00 sanction fee as well as the match report. You can email both to Lorene then send her a check for the sanction fee. You can leave the match recap as a .rtf document, but do a "save as" on the match report and save it as a .doc file. The printer cannot deal with .rtf files.

I hope this helps & good luck with your project. Feel free to ask questions here.

Yours,

Steve W.
Past Match Director, JCSA - Grants Pass, OR
Past JCSA Board Member
IHMSA Life Member
Past Editor IHMSA News
Past Manager of IHMSA HQ West
NRA Patron

Due to recent cutbacks the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off.